PDA

View Full Version : Phasing/Demolition and Quantity Take-off Issue

tjk0225
2009-04-10, 02:17 PM
We are doing a lot of quantity take-off / bill of material schedules on our projects and have noticed an inconsistency (inaccuracy) with quantities that relate to demolition.

Working in Revit Architecture 2009. I have an existing wall that is 20'-0" long with (2) existing 3'-0" doors. At this point, the wall schedule doesn't report any new wall. If I demolish a single door, the wall schedule then shows 20'-0" of new wall! There is really only 3'-0" of new wall (the infill). If I demolish the second door, the wall schedule reports 40'-0" of new wall.

I also tested this in 2010 and it seems to be improved, but not totally fixed. Instead of reporting the entire length of the existing wall, it counts the infill as a new wall with a length of 0'-0".

Has anyone else experienced this?

We are generating a seperate wall type for the infills that can be excluded from the bill of materials. That doesn't make the schedule any more accurate, but at least we can track it.

Thanks!

tjk0225
2009-04-13, 03:46 PM
bump

Anyone?

barrie.sharp
2009-09-30, 09:37 AM
Same issue here. Found this post trying the same. I also found that doors created in a new phase affect the existing schedule. I have attached a screenshot to show the results. Each schedule is set to show complete which hides the infill in New phase. See how volume and area vary for two identical walls in the existing phase.

I'm haven't used scheduling yet for our conversions because I'm afraid. I won't go as far as saying it's unpredictable but I don't seem to understand it enough to use it reliably. Safer for me to let QS's takeoff manually. However, I'd love to get it down so I can make us money.

Duncan Lithgow
2012-09-19, 06:18 PM
Anyone checked if this is still the case in RAC 2012 / 2013?