PDA

View Full Version : Keynoting Improvements in RAC 2010?

jheltz
2009-04-10, 03:12 PM
1st post here as a new Revit user - I have been doing the tutorials and a small test project on RAC 2009 and I'm a bit concerned that the keynoting within the program is a step backwards from what we're used to in 08 ACAD-A. The ability to edit a keynote within the actual AutoCAD program is a huge plus and it seems that Revit's solution is very cumbersome with having to edit the TXT or Excel file outside of the program. We have tried out the emc2 Architect's Keynote Manager which helps manage this file, but does anyone know if there have been any improvements to keynoting in general in 2010?

Is AutoDesk just going to force us to have this huge master list of keynotes for every job? Does everyone use it this way or do you create a job specific list? That's normally how we've done it in the past but I'm open to new ideas if we can make it function.

Scott D Davis
2009-04-10, 04:22 PM
does anyone know if there have been any improvements to keynoting in general in 2010?

Is AutoDesk just going to force us to have this huge master list of keynotes for every job? Does everyone use it this way or do you create a job specific list? That's normally how we've done it in the past but I'm open to new ideas if we can make it function.

No changes to keynoting in 2010. You can have a master keynote list for all projects, or you can build a project specific keynote list.

sfaust
2009-04-10, 05:03 PM
We have a master list of a bunch that we use as a template and edit/add as necessary per project. If you are using the Keynote Manager it is set up to be able to work in any of the three methods mentioned...