PDA

View Full Version : R7 - Sheet names by Phase

tjk0225
2004-10-26, 02:26 PM
Has anyone tried this with R7 yet? I want to be able to use the same sheet names/numbers (A201) for several phases in a project. We are doing multiple tenant improvement projects in a single building and would like to be able to use a consistent numbering system. Thanks.

cmahoney
2004-10-26, 03:19 PM
Sheet names can be repeated, but sheet numbers must be unique. However, you could create a custom shared parameter to replace the default sheet number parameter on your titleblock that would do what you describe.

tjk0225
2004-10-26, 05:19 PM
Would we then need to create custom detail/view title heads so that the sheet numbers would coordinate automatically?

gregcashen
2004-10-26, 06:46 PM
Yes.

"yes" is a short word.

tjk0225
2004-10-27, 06:28 PM
Yes is a short word - and a short answer.

I tried doing this today with R7 and everything seemed to work great - until I went to modify a view title family to use my new shared parameter sheet number. The view title family won't allow a shared parameter to be added. The graphics for a viewport only recognize the view title families. Am i missing something?

Thanks.

LRaiz
2004-10-27, 06:45 PM
I tried doing this today with R7 and everything seemed to work great - until I went to modify a view title family to use my new shared parameter sheet number. The view title family won't allow a shared parameter to be added. The graphics for a viewport only recognize the view title families. Am i missing something?

On the other hand you do not need a shared parameter to include sheet number in view title, standard parameter could be used. There are even several factory supplied view title families that use sheet number in Imperial Library > Annotations.