PDA

View Full Version : Revit 2010 - Keyboard Shortcuts Migration

Batman
2009-04-12, 01:28 AM
Over previous versions I always used to replace the keyboardshortcuts.txt file with my custom text file. I notice now though that the format of the file is different.

Is there any simple way to migrate shortcut preferences for 2010??

iankids
2009-04-12, 02:23 AM
Having had a look through the way the file is set up, I think it would be pretty difficult to migrate one to the other unless Autodesk or someone else writes a little program for it. I simply opted to printout my old one (from 2009) and then type it into the relevant areas in the 2010 txt file.

Cheers,

Ian

Batman
2009-04-12, 07:31 AM
I simply opted to printout my old one (from 2009) and then type it into the relevant areas in the 2010 txt file.

Retype....Eck !! Super crud.

Thanks for the advice.

Batman
2009-04-12, 11:45 PM
The new file is ridiculous, there is more than one entry for a command so you have to hunt through and make sure you change all the references to that one command.

rmejia
2009-04-13, 12:06 AM
Before the command that was first on the list overrides any that followed it with the same shortcut. Also before there was no need to go through the list looking for the specific shortcuts, it was easier to pick them out and create a custom list with only the edited shortcuts and paste that at the very beginning of the shortcut file, in the area where the example "WA" shortcut is. I assume this method should still work. The list changes every new release (more shortcuts are added), so it's much easier to just have a list with custom shortcuts and paste that at the top every new release shortcut file.

Batman
2009-04-13, 12:41 AM
Thanks for that. I'll give it a go.

So we just need to go through and re-pick the newly formated bits we need.

Kevin Janik
2009-04-13, 07:16 PM
The new file is ridiculous, there is more than one entry for a command so you have to hunt through and make sure you change all the references to that one command.

Digital Building Solutions is updating their Revit Shortcut Highway, they have told me, and will be out soon. It will assist in this with all the duplicate shortcuts they tell me.

Kevin

gordie_v
2009-04-13, 08:55 PM
Here is my updated shortcuts
mostly from Steve Stafford original 2008 post

lorne.bourdo.152516
2009-04-28, 06:05 PM
Digital Building Solutions is updating their Revit Shortcut Highway, they have told me, and will be out soon. It will assist in this with all the duplicate shortcuts they tell me.

Kevin

Has this been released yeat?

Kevin Janik
2009-04-28, 07:53 PM
Not yet. Go to their website at www.digitalbuildingsolutions.com and post on the Shortcuts Hightway forum you would really like it. You will probably need to register as a forum user. They are working on many things and the content manager, BIM Highway, is there as a beta and is free.

Maybe with a bunch of people asking they will get it out sooner.

Kevin