PDA

View Full Version : corrupted dome

moshira_hassan
2009-04-12, 10:21 PM
Hi ... I've created an in\place dome by solid revolve ... it appears alright in 3D and in the Section where I've created it using its reference plane ... but it appears corrupted in the section that is perpendicular on the other section ... any idea ???

attached:
first pic: the correct sectio view
second pic: the corrucpted view
Third pic: the dome in 3D view

dlpdi5b
2009-04-14, 02:48 AM
I think I would start by using a section box in another 3d view to slowly look through the 3d geometry to verify if the dome truly is correct in all orientations. Assuming the dome reads cleanly when you slice it three ways using the section box, that means there is something about the particular view that is representing the dome incorrectly.

My first guess is the axis of rotation is not correct, or perhaps more than 360 degrees? Is there some hidden object (perhaps from another phase) that cutting the dome? Perhaps there is another void dome in the same area with a different axis of rotation?

If you could share part of that project, I am sure people could solve it instantly.

moshira_hassan
2009-04-14, 09:39 PM
Thanks for your reply ...

I tried to take a section view in the corrupted view orientation and it seems there is something wrong with that section view also ... I've attached part of my project to this reply as you advised ... maybe you can find out what's going on ...

davidcobi
2009-04-14, 10:05 PM
Bizarre.. If you put an oculus at the top the dome cleans up fine... if you upgrade the project to 2009 the dome cleans up fine... if you nudge section 5 the dome cleans up fine...

moshira_hassan
2009-04-15, 08:30 AM
thanks for your reply ... but i think i can't get what you mean by " If you put an oculus at the top the dome " ?? and " if you nudge section 5 " ???

dlpdi5b
2009-04-19, 05:13 PM
I just opened your project in RAC 2009 and all looked fine in all views. I can't open it in 2008. The quick answer would be to upgrade to 2009, (2010 soon) and it works there. Sorry I can't explain why that makes it work.

I believe what david duarte is saying is that he cut a round window at the top of the dome (an oculus) and that made the dome clean up, and if he moved the section cut number 5 just slightly (nudge: use the arrow keys to move), that cleaned it up.