PDA

View Full Version : How to change door schdule

yanyan77
2009-04-13, 06:37 PM
my boss want the 6' wide double flush door shows in the schdule as 2 (3' 0"),( i dislike my boss's idea at all )
but does anyone knows how to do it?

cporter.207875
2009-04-13, 06:58 PM
This depends on what parameter you are using to show this information. If the schedule is reading the "Type" parameter, you simply need to rename the type.

If the schedule is reading the family name, you need to rename the family in your library, load into your project, change all of the 6' wide double flush doors to the one with the correct name, and purge the old type out of the project.

twiceroadsfool
2009-04-13, 06:59 PM
There are several ways to skin a cat, but the gist of it is:

That schedule is reading the values of some parameters: In this case, the default Width parameter of the door family. If you want a width that it reports to be 3'-0", youll need to make a parameter that is reading half of that Width value (or more correctly, the width of one panel, in case some are uneven sets of panels). Keep in mind if you make an additional parameter, it will have to be a Shared Parameter.

If you want a "2" as well, it will have to be some other field, like a "Panel quantity field", and all the same rules about Shared Parameters still apply.

Its a pain to set up, but worth it if thats what the bosses demand. Here is what ours looks like currently:

yanyan77
2009-04-13, 07:06 PM
This depends on what parameter you are using to show this information. If the schedule is reading the "Type" parameter, you simply need to rename the type.

If the schedule is reading the family name, you need to rename the family in your library, load into your project, change all of the 6' wide double flush doors to the one with the correct name, and purge the old type out of the project.
the width is not the type or name, it is the size of the door.

cporter.207875
2009-04-13, 07:07 PM

Follow Aaron's post if it is the "Width" field that you want to change.

Scott Womack
2009-04-13, 07:12 PM

What the previous posts were trying to tell you is that if the schedule is reading the width of the door, there is no way to accomplish what you are trying to do, since the width parameter is a length, and a length cannot have any text in it. IF your boss is insistent on this nomenclature, then you need to come up with some other (text) parameter to read to get the schedule to say this info.

Another way to "get to this effect, is to have a door type A as a single door, and door type A2, or B showing two door panels, not one. (This is how I approach this). In this manner, you can let the door schedule continue to say 6'-0", but the door type would point to a door type elevation that has two door panels showing, not just one.

yanyan77
2009-04-13, 07:41 PM
i got it.
thanks a lot.

azmz3
2009-04-13, 09:08 PM
and yet another way to do this is to make parameters in the schedule itself that you fill in. that is not connected to the door and remove the parameters it would normally read from the doors, except for maybe door numbers, that way you can fill in the way you want to, and it will put the parameters in the identity data in each individual door. of course this removes all the intelligence from the schedules for the most part but is the easiest way to make the schedule read the way you, or your boss want them to read.