PDA

View Full Version : Dimension text fields

eric.piotrowicz
2009-04-14, 03:54 PM
Last week or so I thought I remember reading a post about certain dimensions not being able to add text above or below the dimension string. I've been looking for it because i have run into the smae problem and I can not find that post anywhere. Just to be clear, I can add a prefix or suffix but the above and below fields are greyed out.
Does anyone else remember this post or have some advice?
Thanks

cporter.207875
2009-04-14, 04:20 PM
Above and Below fields are only grayed out if your dimension is set to Show Opening Height and if you are dimensioning an element that invokes that command, such as doors and windows. At any other time, you can input text to read above and/or below the dimension.

patricks
2009-04-14, 05:01 PM
Above and Below fields are only grayed out if your dimension is set to Show Opening Height and if you are dimensioning an element that invokes that command, such as doors and windows. At any other time, you can input text to read above and/or below the dimension.

Actually, the field is grayed out when dimensioning ANY 2 or more references of a family with a "Height" parameter, no matter if you have the dimension type set to show opening height or not.

cporter.207875
2009-04-14, 05:48 PM
Actually, the field is grayed out when dimensioning ANY 2 or more references of a family with a "Height" parameter, no matter if you have the dimension type set to show opening height or not.

Interesting... I wonder why that is.

eric.piotrowicz
2009-04-14, 06:27 PM
Having read your responses my memory is refreshed and thats exactly the issue that came up previously. A touch quirky but I'll deal with it. Thanks for your help!