PDA

View Full Version : Help W/ Title Block Theory. . .

TerribleTim
2009-04-14, 05:53 PM
ok, I tried searching. Maybe I just have no search skills, maybe it isn't there. Hopefully, you guys can point me in the right direction.

I've got a great little title block that we've been using in Autocad for years. I want to make my own title block for Revit that looks the same. I figured out how to get my cad geometry into a new title block family. What I can't seem to figure out is how to make all the data pull from where ever it needs to pull from so that the project name reads the way it should, the sheet number reads correctly, etc, etc. How do I do all that? How do I make all that stuff automatic like the stock Revit title block? Can you guys point me to a tutorial somewhere that will show it, and that I don't have to pay for or sign up for some service? Thanks ahead of time.

D.Williams
2009-04-14, 06:10 PM
You need to use labels instead of text fields for areas that you want the info to change with each project. These labels will then need to be tied to parameters.

Search in the Revit Help menu for "titleblock parameters" and it'll lead you to most of what you'll need to find out.

cporter.207875
2009-04-14, 06:11 PM
One way to figure it out is to open up an ootb titleblock and investigate all its little pieces. You'll notice that all the dynamic text is created using labels. Labels use parameters to read specific bits of information, like project name, number, sheet name, etc. I would suggest this as a good starting point.

Mike Sealander
2009-04-14, 06:11 PM
Most of the title block information gets input in the Settings...Project Information dialogue.

TerribleTim
2009-04-14, 06:45 PM
Thanks guys. That should get me a little more traction. I'll let you know when I get stuck in the mud again. :cool:

gbrowne
2009-04-15, 12:36 PM
I think to start, I might have just used the stock revit one, then edited that..

twiceroadsfool
2009-04-15, 12:41 PM
I would invest the hour to remake the entire thing from scratch, instead of using the CAD import. That way you start with default Revit lines, and dont have any of the associated baggage of the CAD import in there... Misc. text styles, line styles, line types, etc...

TerribleTim
2009-04-15, 04:04 PM
I think to start, I might have just used the stock revit one, then edited that..

Thanks, but -
That would be a great idea if our title block wasn't part of our "corporate identity", or if it didn't look about 100% absolutely different from the stock Revit one. :wink:

Thanks for the tips guys, after a little more poking at it, I might be starting to get there.