PDA

View Full Version : Tittle Block Labels

fduraes
2009-04-15, 03:38 PM
Our company typically issues sketches when there are minor changes in design. As a result we use a different tittle block which is sometimes 8.5 X 11. I have been able to match it with the exception of two pieces of text using various labels to get project info and what not.

However i have been trying to figure out how to create a label similar to that of "designed by" where i can type something in under element properties & have it be filled in as it currently is on other tittle blocks. Does anyone know how to create these labels? i have tried creating new category parameters for the labels to use but they don't show up under the element properties for that Tittle block. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

cporter.207875
2009-04-15, 03:49 PM
When you create new label parameters in the titleblock family, you are forced to make the parameter shared. After you have loaded that titleblock into your project, go to Settings>Project Parameters and add the new shared parameter you created to the project. Make sure you apply to the category "Drawing Sheets." It is up to you whether this becomes a type or instance parameter. In order to edit the info that this parameter displays, you can right-click on the sheet view in the project browser and click properties.

You don't edit the label's text by accessing the titleblock's element properties.

fduraes
2009-04-17, 04:09 PM
When you create new label parameters in the titleblock family, you are forced to make the parameter shared. After you have loaded that titleblock into your project, go to Settings>Project Parameters and add the new shared parameter you created to the project. Make sure you apply to the category "Drawing Sheets." It is up to you whether this becomes a type or instance parameter. In order to edit the info that this parameter displays, you can right-click on the sheet view in the project browser and click properties.

You don't edit the label's text by accessing the titleblock's element properties.

This Worked perfectly. Thank you very much

stuntmonkee
2010-03-11, 09:24 PM
This won't work for type parameters. I always thought I would be able to use tpe parameters in a title block to adjust more than just yes no parameters, but I'm not hving any luck getting it to work.

Using your method, if you watch, the "Sheets" check box only displays during instance parameters.

Unless I'm missing something.

Stunts