PDA

View Full Version : dragging level ends

Griff
2004-10-26, 07:22 PM
When I drag a level end past the crop region area, the level disappears. I can drag the end to the boundary of the crop region, but if I go past it, it's gone. Is anyone else having that problem?

aaronrumple
2004-10-26, 07:34 PM
Must be a new one for 7.0. I like it

Griff
2004-10-26, 07:42 PM
I'm undecided yet on if I prefer it this way or the old. I'm sure there must be reasons why this new way would be better, I just haven't seen it yet.

By the way Aaron, when you drag the endpoints, does it seem more choppy as you are dragging?

aaronrumple
2004-10-26, 08:05 PM
Not choppy here... must be a video issue.

Scott D Davis
2004-10-26, 08:13 PM
Did you guys see the 2D/3D toggle on Level Lines? When in 3D mode, pulling the Level lines will affect the level lines in all views in which they are in 3D mode. 2 mode affects the level lines only in that view. Another new button also when a level line is selected: Propagate Extents. If you have 3D level lines, and want to propagate those to all other views, use the new button. Also check in Help for "Datum Extents" for more info.

aaronrumple
2004-10-26, 08:22 PM
Found all that, but once you have stretched a crop region - the 2D/3D is gone.

Chad Smith
2004-10-26, 09:28 PM
By the way Aaron, when you drag the endpoints, does it seem more choppy as you are dragging?
I get this too.
It seems there is a major performance hit (I'm guessing for those that aren't OpenGL enabled), because of the 2D / 3D Datum Extents as Scott has mentioned above.

papurajx
2004-10-27, 12:17 AM
Who said 'We don't have re-learn' anything to pick up the new Revit 7.0?

Now I have to call my trainees and tell them something new about the 'crop region' and it's (so called improved) effect on the datums and grids....
Things keep changing from one release to another.

What about the 'Visibility Graphics' window and the DWG/DGN tab? Is it a combined one for all views or it is back to the old version with separate ones?