PDA

View Full Version : Revit Architecture 2009 WU3 as part of Deployment...

designviz
2009-04-20, 11:43 PM
Does anyone know definitively if this update, as noted in Scott Latch's post, http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=91656, can be appended or merged as part of a deployment of Revit Architecture 2009? Since this is not a full install and supposedly utilizes the Service Pack Technology, I presume a MSP should be able to be generated and incorporated into a deployment.

Then again I could be totally wrong, seeing as how I am very new to the Autodesk methods for deployment.

I have tried to extract an MSP file from the executable, based on some info found in regard to previous Service Packs, however, to no avail. The /e switch did not work. Does anyone know if and where a valid MSP file can be located so it can be incorporated as part of a deployment?

Furthermore, I am actually deploying the Revit Architecture Suite 2009. Not sure if that makes a difference. Running the executable by itself manually, did not seem to make a difference and it still updated the product as expected.

Please advise, thank you,

designviz
2009-04-21, 11:10 AM
Never mind. Sorry for the distraction. After re-reading the installation instructions, I got my answer.

Apply This Update to a Network Administrative Image At this time it is not possible to “Append” or “Merge” this service pack to a network Administrative Image created using the Deployment Wizard.

I am still curious though, why it was not setup this way and whether updates to 2010 will be handled the same?

clog boy
2009-04-21, 11:20 AM
Never mind. Sorry for the distraction. After re-reading the installation instructions, I got my answer.

Apply This Update to a Network Administrative Image At this time it is not possible to “Append” or “Merge” this service pack to a network Administrative Image created using the Deployment Wizard.

I am still curious though, why it was not setup this way and whether updates to 2010 will be handled the same?

You forget that a patch is as quick as applying a deployment and much quicker than creating one, and won't affect your settings.