PDA

View Full Version : levels tag text justification

david_peterson
2009-04-21, 02:54 PM
Is it just me or did the guys that made this revit content not go to school for drafting. Text should always line up. So right now when I put the elevation tag on the right hand side of a view, it looks correct. When I put it on the right hand side it looks bad (ie not correct).
Is this yet another one of those things that they just didn't bother creating a right and a left because they thought they could get away with it. So now I get to use a dumb tag on the left and an actual level on the right.
Anyone found a way to fix this?
Thanks in advance.

cliff collins
2009-04-21, 03:16 PM
David,

Level annotations work just fine for me, either on the left or right side
of the model.

Are you talking about "spot elevation" tags which are individually placed families?

If so, it is simple enough to open the spot elevation family and save-as and make
one called "left justified" or whatever you choose.

cheers............

david_peterson
2009-04-21, 03:19 PM
I'm trying to get the text to always be lined up on the left, ie the start of the text.
I don't want the right justified on the left side and a left justified on the right, I want them both to be justified to the left like it should be.

cliff collins
2009-04-21, 03:45 PM
Hi David,

I think these Level annotations look good--symetrical for left/right placement on elevation? (see attached).

There are some things in Revit that are better left OFTBox, which you can "adapt"
your standards to, instead of fighting Revit to force it into the Autocad way of doing it.

Been thru hand-drawing, Autocad since DOS, to Autocad with Softdesk, to ADT,
to Microstation, to Revit pre-Adesk, to Revit 2010.

Just some seasoned advice from the real world:
Save yourself some frustration and set up a good template in Revit, accept some of the
"system" families which are difficult/impossible to get to look exactly like your old cadd
standards, ( like this one ) and move forward.

cheers.........

david_peterson
2009-04-21, 03:52 PM
Your left tag looks correct, your right tag is incorrect.
They had this thing called the NCS. Why can't adesk make their content compatible? I shouldn't need to change how drawings look. I understand the point of don't fight it, but look where this thought has gotten us. Based on the other threads I've seen around here, the new 2010 version is the same as the last one with a new look.
We've already spent a number of hours fixing all the OOTB content so it works correctly. ie there wasn't a centerline built in to the beam families. Or when you rotate an HSS tube, you can't dimension it, no reference plane. Also you loose the hidden lines. I'm tired of fixing this stuff.