PDA

View Full Version : Room not showing up in multi-catagory schedule

jsteinhauer
2009-04-21, 03:14 PM
HI all,

I am having an issue with a schedule not displaying the room an component is residing in. I built the schedule in our template, and started a project with this template. I then added walls & rooms to the model space. Lastly, I placed a family into the rooms and checked the schedule. There was no room associated with the family. What am I missing?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Jeff S.

jsteinhauer
2009-04-22, 09:54 PM
With all the hub bub about 2010, this got pushed back. Just bringing it to the front in hopes of getting a response.

cporter.207875
2009-04-22, 10:15 PM
What parameter are you trying to get to display the Room location?

jsteinhauer
2009-04-23, 02:09 PM
What parameter are you trying to get to display the Room location?

I am trying to build an equipment schedule for our template and have the room name & number fill in based off of what room the component is placed. I seem to remember doing this on a project with the OOTB template. But, I can't get it to work now. Is there a setting I need to check? Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Jeff S.

cporter.207875
2009-04-27, 02:20 PM
Jeff,
See attached image. Hope this helps.

jsteinhauer
2009-04-27, 06:44 PM
Jeff,
See attached image. Hope this helps.

Hey Cory,

This is exactly where I got my room information parameters from. The issue is, they will not display the information into the schedule I setup in the Template. I even tried testing it with an OOTB family. I am wondering if there is a setting I'm missing in my template?

Thanks for your help thus far,

Jeff S.

cporter.207875
2009-04-27, 06:53 PM
See attached. Not sure if this is the same problem you're having, but it definitely makes a difference.

jsteinhauer
2009-04-27, 07:21 PM
See attached. Not sure if this is the same problem you're having, but it definitely makes a difference.

I just tried to make a room schedule, starting from our template. I drew the walls in then, placed a room tag. I then created a room schedule, and none of the rooms appear in the schedule. I don't know what is happening, or how to fix this.

Thanks,

Jeff S.

cporter.207875
2009-04-27, 07:29 PM
Can you post a sample file?

cporter.207875
2009-04-27, 07:40 PM
Here is one possibility, although I doubt that this is the problem. In the attached image, I am showing the same schedule twice. Rooms display or don't display depending on the setting that I've circled.

jsteinhauer
2009-04-27, 07:59 PM
We figured it out, and it was the 'Phase' of the schedule. When I created the schedule, I forgot to change the phase filter to new construction, instead of the default 'Project Completion'. I don't understand why a room created in 'New Construction', will not show up under 'Project Completion'. The room should still be there. I would understand if there was a demolition, and the room was set to be demolished during that phase. Unless project completion was when the building goes away, and nothing remains on the site.

Thanks for your help Cory,

Jeff S.

cporter.207875
2009-04-27, 08:06 PM
Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I tried to duplicate your phasing setting, but it didn't affect the display of rooms in my schedule.

Anyway, glad you got it figured out.