PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Erratic Behavior

douggodfrey
2009-04-22, 11:55 AM
I imported a dwg file then deleted once I had what I needed. Since then, when I select objects, they shift to another location almost like a delayed double click and I moved the mouse in between. I suspect it was the imported file that caused it as no other file does it and this is the only one with the imported dwg. Anybody else experience this?

patricks
2009-04-22, 12:35 PM
Just tried it and mine works fine after deleting the linked DWG file.

douggodfrey
2009-04-22, 03:12 PM
What have I done? Now all my plans do it. Very frustrating. I can select the object using a window and they stay put but otherwise if I select an individual object, the screen flickers and the object ends up a few feet away from where it was.

bbeck
2009-04-22, 03:19 PM
I've seen similar behavior. I go to select an object and it moves on me. Just like I had clicked and dragged it or double clicked it. I haven't tracked down what has been causing this yet. Restarting my session clears it. I'm working across dual monitors and changing the ribbon. I seem to only get this when I'm working with the ribbon completely minimized.

DaveP
2009-04-22, 03:29 PM
Have you tried with and without DirectX enabled?

patricks
2009-04-22, 04:34 PM
I seem to recall this happening, actually, on some previous project in either RAC 2008 or 2009, but I don't recall what the fix was.

douggodfrey
2009-04-22, 05:57 PM
I am currently working with support but ended up restoring the system to a few days ago and everything is back to normal. I had a hunch it wasn't a Revit problem as I opened a file on another computer and it was fine. Hoping I can at least know what system setting is causing it so it doesn't happen again. Thanks for all the suggestions.