PDA

View Full Version : Krokes BINK

Martin P
2003-08-29, 03:21 PM
After reading Krokes post in another thread, I downloaded bink (for free) and have been having a play with it - all I can say is if you are going to do any animation, you NEED this. Thanks for pointing me in the direction of this tool Kroke, I will def use it for my housing scheme. I will be able to animate in shaded with edges or wireframe, and using photoshop etc, I should be able to fade in - pause - and fade out rendered views, hopefully it will look very cool, and can be made small enough to post here 8) :wink:

Kroke
2003-08-29, 05:19 PM
The best part I like about the program is, after I have all of my single rendering .jpgs or .bmps, I can play with the FPS speed and compile them until the FPS are just right. Plus the fact that if you want to add sounds, you can directly merge an MP3 or wav file. Another thing that I feel is important, is that a lot of people on the receiving end might not have all the fancy codecs they need to view a lot of other formats. This is set up in a self running .exe file. No nothing, just double click and you're golden. It's the only thing I use.

I once had a 1.05 GB Animation that I compressed with Bink, the final was only around 95 mb. It did lose a touch of detail, but hardly noticable.

Linkage:
www.radgametools.com