PDA

View Full Version : Hardware Acceleration - Back on for 7???

christo4robin
2004-10-26, 11:42 PM
Remember how many of us had to turn down or turn off hardware acceleration in the Windows -> Control Panel -> Display properties? I turned it back on and all seems fine in 7. It has been off for the last 9 months.

archjake
2004-10-27, 12:20 AM
Remember how many of us had to turn down or turn off hardware acceleration in the Windows -> Control Panel -> Display properties? I turned it back on and all seems fine in 7. It has been off for the last 9 months.

I've had acceleration ON w/ 6.1 and now I have to turn it off. I'm having display problems w/ the new shadow feature when acceleration is on. :(

hand471037
2004-10-27, 12:52 AM
I wish that the Revit team would get together with the Inventor team or the Max team on this issue- while they aren't prefect either, they do make great use of the 3D cards available.

I remember when I was at the reseller our Inventor guy had a model open that was just as bit complex as one of my buildings and was spinning and zooming with ease, fuild smooth refreshes, and speed- on a laptop that had less power than mine...

Richard McCarthy
2004-10-27, 10:38 PM
I totally agree Jeffery :)

I would really like to see Revit team have some discussion with the MAX and inventor team.
Cross pollination always works ;)

While we are at it, I really REALLY like to see Revit have more modeling feature like MAX and Inventor (particularly Inventor, since Revit is so much like it)...

Right now Revit is STILL not good for modeling a lot of things...