PDA

View Full Version : 2010 - floating Family toolbar

Chunk
2009-04-22, 05:34 PM
When I open Revit Archtiecture 2010 I have a floating Family toolbar that has no icons and can only be moved or hidden. If I close or hide the toolbar then the Element Type function of the ribbon bar disappears and I'm no longer able to select or change things like wall or door types before placing an element.

Eg. With the floating Family toolbar visible I can select Door from the Home tab and I get a Change Element Type on the Place Door tab. After closing the floating Family toolbar I can select Door from the Home tab and I have no way to change the element type before placing. I can only place the last loaded element type. To change that element I have to place and then right click - element properties.

Anyone else have a floating Family toolbar on application startup that has no icons, can not be docked anywhere and only can be moved or hidden?

dfriesen
2009-04-22, 05:48 PM
That looks like an incompatibility with certain graphics cards, as being discussed in the Where is they type selector (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=99862)thread.