PDA

View Full Version : Massing Schedules?

tbarnesarc
2004-10-27, 03:33 AM
Anybody remember from the SRUG meeting that previewed V7 how they did the massing schedules and what they used to show areas etc? I cannot find a tag or label that works.

beegee
2004-10-27, 03:43 AM
View > New > Schedule > Mass. --- can be populated with lots of handy fields including Volume, Surface Area, Floor Area etc etc.

tbarnesarc
2004-10-27, 03:57 AM
When I saw it demonstrated they used some tag or label that showed in plan which would be useful for initial site studies. I knew how to schedule it but I needed to figure out the labeling of the massings. That was linked to the schedule.

tatlin
2004-10-27, 11:10 AM
Both Tags and Schedules pull information directly from the element in the model.

For schedules, you just make a new Mass schedule

For Tags, you just need to load a Mass tag from the library in order to do what you want here.
Go to the Drafting design bar and activate the Tag tool, then select a Mass instance. You'll get a message saying, "No Tag is loaded for this type. Would you like to load one now?" Hit Yes and then navigate to ./Annotation/Mass Tag.rfa. and place the tag on the Mass, just like a window or door tag.

You can modify this stock tag to query the properties you want from the Mass elements. Here is the example from the Whats New:

tbarnesarc
2004-10-27, 04:05 PM
Go to the Drafting design bar and activate the Tag tool, then select a Mass instance. You'll get a message saying, "No Tag is loaded for this type. Would you like to load one now?" Hit Yes and then navigate to ./Annotation/Mass Tag.rfa. and place the tag on the Mass, just like a window or door tag.:

I tried that and got a question mark in the label field. When I tried to change it I got a message that said, "You are changing a type Parameter. This could affect many elements. Do you wish to continue?". So i didn't understand what to do.

noah
2005-09-06, 09:14 PM
I'd like to do the same thing. Anybody figured out how to add additional info to the Mass Tag. What I need to do is create a calculated value for Units. Gross Floor Area/1800 sf = Units. Then I'd like this Unit value to be in the tag. But I've tried everything I could using a shared parameter for Unit but it still gives me the ?

Do I do the calculation in the tag itself or in the project somehow?

Any ideas? Thanks!

sbrown
2005-09-07, 02:12 PM
You have to create floor area faces in the mass before it will give you the squarefootage.

noah
2005-09-07, 02:16 PM
I've done that. I can get the schedules to work fine. I need to get the Unit count to show up in the tag.

sbrown
2005-09-07, 03:18 PM
You can't get tags to read the schedule as far as I know.