PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had this error?

nsinha73
2009-04-22, 10:26 PM
Please help....i can't open my central file

Scott Womack
2009-04-23, 10:31 AM
Please help....i can't open my central file

Yes, most of us have had it at least once. You have a few choices at this point.
1) Find the latest local file on the project team, and use that to recreate a new Central File. From that File, do a Saveas, and under the options button, it will bring up a dialog box, allowing you to save this as a new Central file. All other team members will have to make new locals from this new central file.
2) Put the project on "Hold" and send the file to Autodesk Support (If you are on subscription). They can fix it, and send it back to you. (This hold is not really practical in most real world projects)
3) Do both. Send the file to Autodesk, and ask them to fix it, as well as tell you what was wrong with it as well. Then do No. 1 above to keep moving.

This seems to happen if someone crashed during a save to central, or the network "hic-upped" during a Save to Central. The other potential culprit can be one or more linked or (even worst) imported AutoCAD files. This has only happened to me a couple of times in the last 5 years. Both times it ended up being AutoCAD files that were the sorce of the problem.

Good Luck!