Thread: Annotation Model space or Paper space

Login to Give a bone

Angry Annotation Model space or Paper space

I just jumped from Acad 07 to 09. I have learned to annotate entirely in paper space. I'm not trying to be difficult but I really want to know if I should go back to Model space for annotation, I don't understand the advantage. Can someone shed some light for me, Am I an old dog that cant learn new tricks? If its better I want to learn it.

Also any thoughts about the "Ribbon"

Holla back, Josh

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Annotation Model space or Paper space

Any labeling that points to the model is done in model space so you can't accidentally zoom/pan and cause the labels to point to the wrong location.

I think the only advantage to labeling in paper space was the ability to label viewports of varying scales easily. In 2009 this is done with annotative scaling in model space. Annotative scaling is new and can be a little buggy with hatch patterns and blocks but I have found it to be rather stable with text and dimensions.

I use Civil 3D so I'm indifferent with the Ribbon in 2009. I type most AutoCAD commands anyway. However, the Ribbon in C3D 2010 is great. Most C3D commands cannot be easily typed so I would use the pull down menus. I much prefer the Ribbon to the menus. Plus the Ribbon is context sensitive so it changes depending on the object I select.