Thread: Curb and Gutter Subassembly with Targets

Wish List Administration

Default Curb and Gutter Subassembly with Targets

Summary: Add a curb and gutter subassembly that has a target at the flange point and at the flowline of the gutter.

Description: I would like to be able to use a curb and gutter assembly that has a targetable flange and attachment point at the flowline.

How Used: Intersection design does not currently account for the work of crosspans and associated concrete. I haven't found a third party that covers it either. This would allow the creation of the intersection that has cross pans in the model instead of manually using feature lines and having to manually calculate quantities.

Feature Affinity: Corridor Modeling

Submitted By: Jason Alligood on March 26, 2009

Default Re: Curb and Gutter Subassembly with Targets

Being able to control the horizontal and vertical location of the curb and gutter from the flowline is critical for most of our projects. Almost all agencies that we submit to require flowline profiles.

Lightbulb Re: Curb and Gutter Subassembly with Targets

this should have been already a part of the sub-assembly, cannot believe this was left out. I have come up with some backdoor ways to get this effect, but it would speed up my workflow if Autodesk will add this in!

Default Re: Curb and Gutter Subassembly with Targets

We need more flexibility when defining targets. Many times the control point is not at the end of the subassembly. Maybe a Target Point subassembly similar to the Marked Point subassembly that can be placed any where on the assembly.

I would use this to transition my pavement subassembly using a flowline alignment and profile. Almost all review agencies in my area either require or prefer flowline profiles in transition areas. Some prefer top back of curb while in some cases top back of walk is best. This would give the user the flexibility to set the corridor targets based on the actual design instead of having to create a dummy edge of pavement design (vertical and horizontal) just to model the corridor correctly.

This was an option when working with templates in LDT that is sorely missing from C3D. In LDT you specify a transition region and then specify the region control point.