Thread: Content Browser missing image on Palette

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Content Browser missing image on Palette

I have a custom palette created in the Content Browser (that I did not create). But the images do not show. The tools work fine but the image does not show.

Under the Content Browser on the palette all I see is nothing with a name next to it. I can i-dropper them and place them in my drawing. The tool works fine.

On the palette itself. All I see is a white square box with a name next to it, I can select each one and place the object. They all work fine just no image is shown.

The Refresh tool does nothing, I click refresh and it acts as if it is refreshing but then errors out, Saying (There was an error while Refreshing. The tool could not be refreshed).

This is a network tool palete and it looks the same on every machine, not just mine.

Can someone help.

Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Content Browser missing image on Palette

More than likely whoever created the tools was getting images from their C: drive and then placing them on the network (I am assuming this is what you have at your firm). I am the only one in the firm that has writing permission to our network drive that everyone pulls their tool palettes from. I have on occassion created a tool and saved it with an image from my C: drive. Whoever has write access to your server should go in and update the images by saving the image files from their C: drive to the server.
    And don't worry about the error. I get that too. It actually does update when you refreshed.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the quick reply.

Ok, the user that created these palettes no longer works here and the path seems to be pointing at the server (correct location) now this could be for the .dwg file itself and not the image file.

How do I replace the image file or create a new one for it to access? I was of the impresion that the image file was from the last view of when it was saved.

Thanks

Login to Give a bone

It's a saved image file, that's where it looks from.

First verify that the images are located on your server. They more than likely are. We copied everything from our C: drive after the first install and then linked all of the machines to the files on the server. If the images aren't there then move them by going to Windows Explorer and go to C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Autodesk\ACD-A 2009\enu\Support\WorkspaceCatalog (Imperial)\Palettes\Images, select all and copyclip this into a folder on the server under the same folder structure from Support down (Support\WorkspaceCatalog (Imperial)\Palettes\Images, for our palette, we placed the initials of our firm before WorkspaceCatalog (Imperial) so that there was no conflict between the C drive and our custom files).

Then at the tool palette, verify that the palette is not being refreshed from the content browser. Right click on the palette tab, select properties, and uncheck Refresh from.

Then start at the first tool, hold CTRL down, select the first tool, hold shift down and select the last tool, right click, verify that Refresh From is unchecked.

Once this is done, select each tool one at a time, right click, and either select properties and right click in the upper left where the image is or right click the tool and select specify image... Unfortunately this part will have to be tool by tool. Path each to the proper folder on your server until they are done.

Once this is done, you will have to save the palettes over the old ones in the Content Browser (wherever you have them linked to) and then refresh yours to see if everything works. Everyone else will either need to refresh or restart Autocad to see the changes.

Hopefully, this helps. If you are still having image issues then there is a different issue but this should work.