Thread: Revit Error Warning Elements have changed category. Tags for these elements are now of the wrong category and will be del

Login to Give a bone

Default Revit Error Warning Elements have changed category. Tags for these elements are now of the wrong category and will be del

We have a bunch of these warnings in a project. "Elements have changed category. Tags for these elements are now of the wrong category and will be deleted"

Some tagged components were changed from plumbing fixture to specialty equipment. It seems likethe tags have already been deleted becasue that's what the warning suggests and we can't find the tags in any views. I would think this should just be a temporary warning that goes away.

How do we get rid of this warning? Would changing the family back to plumbing fixture bring the tags back?

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit Error Warning Elements have changed category. Tags for these elements are now of the wrong category and will be del

I have now come across this same error and can not seem to find a way to resolve / remove it. Has anyone developed a solution?

Thanks.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit Error Warning Elements have changed category. Tags for these elements are now of the wrong category and will be del

Quote Originally Posted by mcblum View Post
    I have now come across this same error and can not seem to find a way to resolve / remove it. Has anyone developed a solution?

Thanks.

Can't you select the warning under the review warnings dialog box and hit the Show button to see if Revit locates where the "deleted" tags are (were)?

Andre Carvalho

Login to Give a bone

Yes you can, but as the first post stated, even if the tag is deleted by Revit or yourself, the warning still remains. If I cut and paste the object back it fixes the problem, but I have to re-tag / re-dimension everything then - not ideal.

Thanks.