Thread: page setup manager SLOW

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default page setup manager SLOW

When I right click to invoke the page setup manager of a layout tab in ACA 08, it is painfully slow. It doesn't seem to matter which file it is. Its not like I have a ton of layout tabs or page setups either.

any advice would save me about 3 hours a day.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: page setup manager SLOW

Check the folders specificed for holding your Plot Styles and Plotters. See if it contains any shortcuts with broken linkes. Oft-cited offenders: the Add-A-Plotter and Add-A-Plot Style Table Wizards, which are shortcuts to the actual EXE files that run the wizards. Apparently, a lot of people enthusiastically copy all of the plot style files from previous releases and manage to gather up one or both of these shortcuts too. No real harm (other than using a possibly outdated wizard), until you uninstall the earlier release. Then the shortcut link becomes broken, and every time AutoCAD scans the folder, it dutifully tries to resolve the shortcut (you can add a shortcut to a different folder to include additional plot styles, for example) until the process finally times out. This can result in "slowness" when trying to perform some action that triggers a scanning of a specific folder, such as running the PageSetup or Plot commands.

You may also want to check the folders in your AutoCAD search path and any other paths specified in the Options dialog, for shortcuts with broken links or references to specific files that are not in the location given, for similar reasons.