Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Revit CC Survey: let's give a consistent message

Revit Arch. Wishlist Mgr. Wes Macaulay's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Revit CC Survey: let's give a consistent message

I've also received the e-mail regarding Autodesk's future development of Revit, and for future features I'm asking for:
    • better site modeling tools for building curbs, roads and sidewalks, letdowns
    • all the modeling tools from Revit Structure and MEP included in Architecture
    • better text tools allowing bulleting, numbering and hanging indents, etc. for showing specifications in the drawings
    We should sing the same tune, right? What's the tune you folks need to hear?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit CC Survey: let's give a consistent message

Stair and Railing improvements

Railings need to be able to set one panel type for the center of a railling then additional panels or posts to repeat on both sides(basically a railing system with a special center piece)

Fine tune adjustments of posts/ballusters as needed. ie like the curtain system that you can unlock items to adjust.

Import / linking of multiple dwgs sharing the same origing need to come in with matching origins in revit. ie multi story project where the engineering team is using autocad world coordinates, not the revit project coordinates. Once one dwg is inserted and coordinates acquired, following dwg links should be able to line up their 0,0 with the aquired coordinates.

Still need a good way to do multi-unit project efficiently. groups and linking still don't work well enough. We really need a way to create a unit type with everything in it and be able to copy/paste mirror that around as we want and be able to clean up wall joins, schedule everything like it was live in the model. Currently you can't filter items the same with links because links don't know what level they are on. So if I want to show how many of something I have on a specific level I can't with linked models. so i use groups and frequently still have problems with them.
    Scott D. Brown, AIA
    Senior Project Manager | Associate

BECK

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Agree Wes - however if they haven't got the message by now they never will. My requests are similar to yours.

Regards

Dick Barath
    Last edited by barathd; 2009-05-09 at 01:10 AM.

I could stop if I wanted to rmejia's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

This sounds like a wishlist. You guys have already spent countless hours making it and users voting and suggesting wishes. All that Autodesk has to do now is to actually read and follow it.

Starting from wishlist #1, october 2007:
    http://www.augi.com/revit/results.asp?cycle=REVARCH001
    http://www.augi.com/revit/results.asp?cycle=REVARCH002
    http://www.augi.com/revit/results.asp?cycle=REVARCH003
    http://www.augi.com/revit/results.asp?cycle=REVARCH004

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Macaulay View Post
    I've also received the e-mail regarding Autodesk's future development of Revit, and for future features I'm asking for:
    • better site modeling tools for building curbs, roads and sidewalks, letdowns
    • all the modeling tools from Revit Structure and MEP included in Architecture
    • better text tools allowing bulleting, numbering and hanging indents, etc. for showing specifications in the drawings
    We should sing the same tune, right? What's the tune you folks need to hear?
    I did that survey a few days ago and my comments mirror your almost word for word. It remains to be seen whether this is a marketing survey looking for something to sell (our users love us!), or whether it is a serious attempt at opinion farming.

Login to Give a bone

Wes, they are the exact same top three as I have, and even in that order.
    Now, if only they would send me that survey.

Revit Arch. Wishlist Mgr. Wes Macaulay's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Joef View Post
    It remains to be seen whether this is a marketing survey looking for something to sell (our users love us!), or whether it is a serious attempt at opinion farming.
    The latter, methinks. I am certain that Autodesk never expected the lashing it got with the new release. Too bad: we could have saved them from all of this if they had got us involved way back when.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Macaulay View Post
    The latter, methinks. I am certain that Autodesk never expected the lashing it got with the new release. Too bad: we could have saved them from all of this if they had got us involved way back when.
    Wes,
    The mere fact that a survey regarding the recent release has come out so soon means:
    1. The clatter has gotten their attention.
    2. They seem to be ready to make adjustments (if not them then us...right??)

In any case, I agree. I think they put a ton of effort into the new UI with a focus on new users. In my mind it's not that the ribbon is not usable it's just lesssss productive. And for anyone who makes a living in this business (whatever your firm's portfolio includes), we need to be more productive just to stay even. Less productive is what annoys me. And with all this I think they must feel like "What the heck, I thought they (us) would love the Ribbon".

For me, without a revision to the ribbon and a honest attempt to honor the wishlist, I will not man up for 2011. And as I'm writing "2011", it reminds me why I use Revit. Because I want my firm to be on the leading edge. I expect that my investment in an expensive software to pay for itself, meaning improvement with releases, not just shiny and new.

MT cents,
    John

Login to Give a bone

Scrap the stair and railing tools and start over (ok, maybe re-use what works). If I see another dialog box to build stairs and railings, I'll throw a fit.

All AUGI, all the time eddy.lermytte's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Wes
    Slightly different order but basically the same tune
    • MEP&Structure tools
    • Site
    • Fine tune

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast