See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2010 House Rendering

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 2010 House Rendering

Mark,
    Very nice rendering. Could you please tell me what you did to the grass to not appear so flat. Your grass looks very real. Looks like you changed bumb image and your color varies. On all of my rendering my grass appears very flat and color is very uniform. Sorry if this seems like a ridiculous question but I think these details are what make renderings look believable.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the comments...

I agree with the Max LLoyd regarding the trees in foreground... a bit pixellated.. not sure why... perhaps not high enough dpi...the paving ditto... could have been straightened a little more. as for the pool water... it is nothing more than revit using swimming pool water with tropical colour... when doing a waterfall in revit i sometimes model the waterfall and add some cutouts to create a bit more variation... i have attached a sample image for you to see what i mean. It is okay, not brilliant as a solution.

As for the grass.... i simply went to Turbo Squid and downloaded a high res large format grass texture... good texture files make the world of difference.

Cheers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Mark - are you using the normal RPC trees? Seems like the last render I did with RPC trees created some funky thin shadows on the ground, while the tree itself rendered normally. Your shadows look completely natural. Great work.

"Rock-n-Roll Architect" SCShell's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Cool Re: 2010 House Rendering

Quote Originally Posted by patricks View Post
    Mark - Seems like the last render I did with RPC trees created some funky thin shadows on the ground, while the tree itself rendered normally.
    Hey there,

If you want to see and adjust what your shadows will look like in advance, orient your 3D view to Plan/Top and render it in draft mode with the same sun settings as your rendered camera view. There, you can see all of your tree's & plant's shadow patterns in plan view. If you get thin shadows on a particular tree, simply rotate the tree so that one side the "RPC's cutout template pattern" is running perpendicular to your sun angle. That will give you the fullest shadow. *Remember that the trees themselves will not render in plan view; however, their shadows will!

Hope this helps
    Steve

"Rock-n-Roll Architect" SCShell's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Cool Re: 2010 House Rendering

Mark - Seems like the last render I did with RPC trees created some funky thin shadows on the ground, while the tree itself rendered normally.
    Hey there,

If you want to see and adjust what your shadows will look like in advance, orient your 3D view to Plan/Top and render it in draft mode with the same sun settings as your rendered camera view. There, you can see all of your tree's & plant's shadow patterns in plan view. If you get thin shadows on a particular tree, simply rotate the tree so that one side the "RPC's default non-rendered cutout template pattern" (default icon or mesh) is running perpendicular to your sun angle. That will give you the fullest shadow. *Remember that the trees themselves will not render in plan view; however, their shadows will!

Hope this helps
    Steve

Login to Give a bone

Mark - are you using the normal RPC trees? Seems like the last render I did with RPC trees created some funky thin shadows on the ground, while the tree itself rendered normally. Your shadows look completely natural. Great work.
    actually,

to avoid overexposure of the trees, i tend to place phantom trees behind the camera lense to make the ones in the view look shadowed... this way you can get a more intense colouring of the rpc... which are often over exposed relative to the picture... as for the content... it is std content from the rpc ultimate subscription service.

cheers..

Login to Give a bone

As for the site, we will do more in photoshop then directly in revit. I've rendered all my rpc trees to png files so I can place them as I want in photoshop. I've done much more site modeling in the past, this project doesn't need it. Depending on what you need to do there is always a way.
    Scott D. Brown, AIA
    Senior Project Manager | Associate

BECK

I could stop if I wanted to Kevin Janik's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Mark,

Would you be willing to do some videos or something to help the rest of us get the quality of renderings you can get?

I would be willing to pay some money to buy some videos to see how you do it.

You should teach an AU class on this even though it is a long way to travel.

Kevin

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Janik View Post
    Mark,

Would you be willing to do some videos or something to help the rest of us get the quality of renderings you can get?

I would be willing to pay some money to buy some videos to see how you do it.

You should teach an AU class on this even though it is a long way to travel.

Kevin
    Going to AU to show some points, now that sounds like fun... too bad they don't pay... he he.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Yes, another fine example of why Revit is the future in architectural documentation. I'm a huge fan and also exploring the new Mental Ray renderer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast