Thread: Saved Viewpoints in Freedom

I could stop if I wanted to tonyisenhoff's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Saved Viewpoints in Freedom

DId a clash in Manage & saved the viewpoints for use in Freedom.

In Freedom, the viewpoints are there, but all are at a top view.... Can that be changed?

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Saved Viewpoints in Freedom

When reviewing the clashes in Manage, change the viewpoint to something that best shows the clash while the clash is active. When the clash report is generated, the modified view will be used.

I could stop if I wanted to tonyisenhoff's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

And if I have 300 clashes... I have to go to each one???

What if I want to run the clash, then give an .NWD to the consultant and have him run thru the issues...

Also, the viewpoints don't show the same highlighting like the clash report does. Everything is the native color (not dimed and the clash showing orange). Am I missing somthing?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Hey Tony....what you are seeing in Freedom with the clashes not having dimming or keeping the highlight color is basically how it works. The hiding, highlighting and dimming is a function of the clash results and from what I've been able to tell, that doesn't get saved to the Viewpoint. Are you using Navis 2009 or 2010? I was going to double-checking this functionality in 2010 unless that's what you using.

When viewing the clash results, there is a check box to Save Viewpoint...this will save any orbiting that you do while viewing the clash. It may also help the orientation on the ones you don't look at...?

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tonyisenhoff View Post
    And if I have 300 clashes... I have to go to each one???

What if I want to run the clash, then give an .NWD to the consultant and have him run thru the issues...

Also, the viewpoints don't show the same highlighting like the clash report does. Everything is the native color (not dimed and the clash showing orange). Am I missing somthing?
    Unfortuneately, I don't see any way other than going through each clash and setting the view for each (although I only do it on the "active" ones, not the "approved" ones). Not such a big deal for us, as we have somebody filter out the garbage clashes before they are sent out for people to look at. I don't think there is a good way for the computer to determine the best viewing angle/zoom factor for each clash, short of the hide others toggle - and that raises other problems.

And yes, the saved viewpoints look normal when the Clash Detective isn't used. A "run time" module for showing the graphics as they are in the Clash Detective would be useful, wouldn't it?