Thread: tile numbering

Login to Give a bone

Default tile numbering

Hello,
    I am producing maps of electrical network. I produce a key map and then the individual maps according to their tile number.
    I have been inserting the numbers manually in the tiles. This is very time consuming. Sometimes the number of maps goes over 200!

Is there a way in AUTODESK which I can produce these numbers automatically into the designated tiles.
    The order is from left to right.

all suggestions welcome and very much appreciated.

thank you

Fred

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: tile numbering

One way I used was creat a text object with the value of A B or what ever, then array that text to fit the tiles, then use the express tool Tcount to increment the arrayed text. Another way I used was with the sample lisp Makegrid in the sample folder for Map3D.

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: tile numbering

Hi Murph,

thanks for the reply.
    i am a rookie in AUTOCAD Map3D so not very familiar yet with all the features it has to offer.
    I am attaching a dwg file with what i have done so far. You will see the numbers i am talking about when you open this file.
    There are 81 maps and i had to place the centre number manually in each map.

there had to be an easier way of doing this.

If you have a file which you used the technique you spoke of before, could you send it to me as an attachment please?

thanks for the help so far.

cheers

Fred
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

It looks like you are wanting to create a map book in which case you may want to use the mapbook tools and let that create the title numbers. You can still use the title grids that you have and select those the page grids/tiles. I blogged a 3 part posting on the map book creation if you want to go that way it may work a little better,
    The methods I used I state prior was for a rectangle grid with consisted of over 440 tiles.

Login to Give a bone

In that file i sent you I have created a mapbook. The 81 tiles/maps all have a title but what I cannot figure out is how to place the big number in the tile center in an automated manner.
    As I stated before, I have been doing this manually. What i do is I make a 2 and then copy that into all tiles, then I go into every single tile changing the number so that the key map will show every tile with their respective map number.

There has to be an easier way of doing this. Somehow.
    I read in your blog about the creation of a mapbook but I could not find anything that showed me how to do this. May be I missed something....
    I need to see a map similar to this with the tile numbers being produced automatically, may then I will know what to do.

Anyway thanks for the help so far.

cheers
    Fred

Login to Give a bone

Hi,

I THINK YOU NEED TO AUTOMATE NUMBER TRY USING THE ATTACHED LISP ROUTINE, I HAVE ALREADY CREATED A BLOCK CALLED 'TILE_NO' IN THE ATTACHED DWG USING ATTRIBUTE SO AFTER LOADING THE LISP USING APPLOAD COMMAND USE THE ABOVE SAID BLOCK WHEN IT IS PROMPTING FOR THAT. HOPE THAT THIS WILL MAKE YOUR WORK A LITTLEBIT EASIER.

REGARDS,

LAIJU M. ALIAS
    Attached Files Attached Files