Thread: Importing cost databases to complete the 5D loop

Login to Give a bone

Default Importing cost databases to complete the 5D loop

i know that Navis can link to external databases. I need to connect the cost to the model
    therefore i exported an ODBC database from revit encluding cost added to materials and elements.
    i created an access database from the ODBC link and opened the link in Navis
    Tools-----file option---data Tools--- New----entered a name---chooselink- access *accdb---ok
    check the database created----edit-----setup----choose path-ok--ok
    Then what, Nothing happens whereis the cost
    How can I benefit from entering the cost in Navis
    for example i want to connect it to timeliner and be able to observe the total cost of the project at a specific time is that possible, i don't know?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Importing cost databases to complete the 5D loop

I don't know if this can be done either, but it would be cool if the data ended up as column in timeliner with totals allocated against activities (maybe it does end up here?) that way you could export it to a csv file in NW 2010 and import it back into primavera and generate earned value curves. Now that would be a new way to skin an old cat.

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Re: Importing cost databases to complete the 5D loop

ok after alot of searching i found that i can import a cost column for scheduling softwares that is when importing the link in the field selector from the left drop down list for example choose (user1) and from the right drop down list choose the cost column name for the scheduling program you'll find that the cost is displayed in the task tab.
    But i wasn't able to link it to the model nor display it in the simulation
    does anybody know anything conserning this matter
    guys any help at all???

Login to Give a bone

It will not help you now, but this should be available as a function in Artra Q3/09

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Ian,

Artra looks like an Asset management tool, are they adding timeliner functions? One site mentioned it uses the navisworks engine, do you know any more about this?

Cheers

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by payre View Post
    Ian,

Artra looks like an Asset management tool, are they adding timeliner functions? One site mentioned it uses the navisworks engine, do you know any more about this?

Cheers
    ArTrA is an asset management tool that utilizes portions of the Navisworks navigation interface. It is really a completely separate application from Navisworks. I haven't explored the latest release, but in the past you couldn't append multiple files. Everything needed to be appended in Navisworks as a single NWD before being brought into ArTrA. Also, they finally updated the code to work with the NW 2009 version. However you still need to downsave from 2010 for this to work. Using the APIs, a fair amount of the functionality in ArTrA can be recreated in Navisworks.

I'd be curious to see the cost/timeliner link in their Q3 release. I too was under the impression that Timeliner is not part of their application.

Cheers