Thread: CAD freezes after data is saved

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default CAD freezes after data is saved

for some reason my AutoCAD 3D Mapping Program 2008 freezes after I save the data. the lines cannot be selected and nothing new can be drawn, but i am able to use the pull-down menus. has this ever happened to anyone? what are possible ways to get the file to work properly?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: CAD freezes after data is saved

What data are you referring to AutoCAD dwg objects or data connected data? If it's data connect what format and where is the data stored? If you are working with data on a network spatical database it may be a server connection dropping or IT issues. If it's atandard AutoCAD objects in a dwg maybe a video driver/card issue.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: CAD freezes after data is saved

Quote Originally Posted by alisonl1 View Post
    for some reason my AutoCAD 3D Mapping Program 2008 freezes after I save the data. the lines cannot be selected and nothing new can be drawn, but i am able to use the pull-down menus. has this ever happened to anyone? what are possible ways to get the file to work properly?
    It happened to me. My AutoCAD Map 3D 2010 freezes when ever I try to open or save a file. Otherwise it works OK. To open a file only possible by double clicking the file in windows explorer and then for saving files I set auto save to every 2 minute or so. I removed the product totally from my system according to the guide from Autodesk site and freshly installed again but always the same.
    My system: Asus P5B-Premium motherboard, Core Duo E6700, 2G of DDR2 ram, Sata II 320Gb system disk,
    another 3 disks total cap. 1.3 Tb Sata II, 8800 GTX Nvidia Gcard 768Mb, All Water cooled and OC to 3.4GHz.
    OS Windows XP pro SP3.
    The computer run very well and all other software installed, Adobe CS3 suite, AEF cs3, APP CS3, MS Office 2003 and 3D StudioMax 2010 is in perfect working order except AutoCAD Map 2010 for the above mentioned
    reason. Any suggestion please, anybody. Thanks.