Thread: Updating ADT 2006 lisps to ACA 2010

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Updating ADT 2006 lisps to ACA 2010

H E E E E L P! ! !
    We are updating to ACA 2010 and I loaded our ADT 2006 lisp and noticed that they are not working. How do I upgrade my lisps to work in ACA 2010? I have no knowledge in lisp writing, but I am a fast learner and I can get help from my IT guy. I am currently trying to read the Autolisp Developers guide to try to figure out a solution, but this will take a while.
    Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Aracely

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Updating ADT 2006 lisps to ACA 2010

"Not working" covers a lot of ground; more details are necessary.

LISP is *generally* version-proof. Chances are you have some hard coded folder paths or fully qualified file names which cannot be found, or it is looking for files which are not in the support path. There may also be support functions required which are in files not loaded or are no longer available.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Aracely's correct, you need to provide us with a bit more info. As stated, most LISP is at least upward compatible (i.e. if it worked in 2006 it should still work in 2010). However, there's a few thing to watch out for:
    • Ensure that all necessary LSP, DCL, and maybe even other file types are available in the correct folders. Compare the support folders from 2006 with 2010's installation.
    • If any LSP is using some ARX (e.g. DOSLib / OpenDCL) ensure you then use the one specifically compiled for 2010.
    • If any hardcoding of pahs involved, ensure that these point to the correct folders and / or files.
    • Start-up routines could be missed, e.g. MENULOAD, MNL files, ACADDOC.LSP, etc. Also check the APPLOAD Startup Suite.
    • Finally, ensure that your 2010 install has VBA enabled. Otherwise any LISP using vla / vlax functions will fail.
    There might be other possibilities, but that's enough to start checking I suppose.

Login to Give a bone

I looked around and fixed some settings and it seems that the lisps are working with the exception of one, knl.lsp. We have a custom tool palette that we have been using in ADT 2006 that I have path to be used in ACA 2010. We don't use the keynote tag provided by Autodesk, why I don't know it would make my life easier. The problems that I am having when I use the office keynote symbol is that it doesn't insert the keynote symbol or if it does it is extremely small. The next problem is that after this symbol and its associated lisp commands have been activated, the next time you insert any symbol or dimension string it goes a bit crazy. The dimension or symbol is not inserted where you clicked for it to be inserted, the grip points are are the insertion location but the actual symbol is off in space, see attached image.
    Attached Images Attached Images