Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AutoCAD x64 Plotting Issues with Vista

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD x64 Plotting Issues with Vista

Good afternoon everyone,
    Have you tried printing to the IP address of the device and by-passing the server? I have resolved some problems with plotting by doing this.
    Regards,
    NMex

Login to Give a bone

Using the IP Address would be more work because we have 6 of these printers in our office. I have found that you can install an older version of the driver and it will work.

Login to Give a bone

autodesk ppl used to jump in here with quick fixes or answers. Where are they now?

Login to Give a bone

I actually fixed this problem by recreating all of my pc3 files based off of the new driver. Thanks for the input guys.

Login to Give a bone

Cool Re: AutoCAD x64 Plotting Issues with Vista

Currently have this same issue:

Trying to plot "D" size to HP T1100 ps plotter. Worked fine plotting Microstation files the day before, now it gives the faded screen and kicks you out of AutoCad Map 3D 2009

Might have to do with the "profile" that Vista creates, as my co-worker can plot from his machine and my machine using his logon. Got IT looking at problem, will post results.

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: AutoCAD x64 Plotting Issues with Vista

Success I am finally able to plot to our HPT1100PS plotter

Not exactly sure how it happened but my user profile in Windows Vista needed to be recreated. I had tried every other option: purging, auditing, recreating my printer/plotter list in Windows, recreating my PC3 files etc... and nothing worked.

The bummer is that in order to recreate my Windows Vista profile IT first had to erase the old one. Thankfully they backed up my desktop, and favorites, the bummer is that some of my .lsp, .pat, and .scr files I use on a regular basis got overwritten. IT saved them but are now leary of restoring them onto my computer at the moment.

So if you are running Vista on your machine and you all of a sudden can no longer plot AutoCad files, recreating your Windows Vista profile may be the answer you are looking for.

Login to Give a bone

We recently upgraded 13 seats of Inventor Suite 2010 to 64 bit operating systems.
    Several are on XP64. On those machines we had no problem using our HP 5200 11 x 17 printers.

We tested Visa...it was bad for lots of reasons.
    We have about 7 machines running Windows 7. When trying to print from Autocad to the 11 x 17 HP 5200 or our HP 5500 color printer autocad would do as you say - Quit and shut down.

The problem stems from the lack of suitable driver. I've been to several threads. It seems to be an industry wide issue. We have many, all accessed from our network, but to solve this we had to load drivers on every work station as a work around.

The following text is from my I.T. guy on how he worked around it for the HP 5200 -----------------------------

The only driver for the HP5200 that we have confirmed to work with Windows 7 64-bit and Autocad is the native windows driver that ships with the OS. This is the PCL5 version of the driver. The PCL6 version causes Autocad to crash. When you add a network printer such as the 5200, the driver on the print server overrides the native OS driver. Normally we would install the correct driver to the print server so that every client is using the right one, but Windows Server 2K3 will not allow us to install the PCL5 version. I am not sure why because the PCL6 version installs fine. To force windows to use the native driver I did the following:

-uninstall HP5200 printer from workstation

-reinstall as a “local printer” using LPT1 as the port

-choose the native windows driver for HP5200

-after install is complete, change port from LPT1 to the IP address of the network printer

I did this at each workstation that uses Autocad and the 5200 printer.

-mike marmo

Hope this works for you. I expect the same process would work for our HP 5500, but we haven't done it yet. Regards, Mike W.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12