Thread: ACADE 2008 Design

Login to Give a bone

Default ACADE 2008 Design

I work at a Environmental Consulting Company in Canada and draw Electrical drawings for an Electrical engineer. I am trying to setup a simple control schematic for other projects with the JIC menu.

I have this pdf file and I want to create a general control schematic of a sludge grinder.

Question #1) Is the “TSH” (temperature switch) a child of the “TAH” symbol? What would be the parent symbol?

Question #2) Are all the push-to-test pilot lights components of the motor [1] and how do you link them with the motor when you don't know who the manufacturer will be?

Can someone please take a look and help me please. Thanks.

Barry H.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I could stop if I wanted to RenataP's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: ACADE 2008 Design

Hi Barry,
    TSH is a parent symbol represents the switch. TAH is a different parent – coil symbol with child contacts normally open or closed.
    The push-to-test pilot lights have the 1 by them to indicate the wire number 1 where the three wire device is getting the third wire power from. Example of the High Temp amber push-to-test pilot light uses wire numbers 14, X2, & 1.
    I hope this helps.

Login to Give a bone

Hi Renata,

Thank you for your help.

Login to Give a bone

Barry,

The way to understand parents and children in AutoCAD Electrical is that a parent device can be a standalone item, that is one which operates electrically independent of other devices, such as a Pressure Switch, a Pushbutton, A Contactor coil, etc, which all have a 1 as their identifier. A child device on the other hand depends on another device for it to work, such as a contact depends on a coil being energised. In fact, most devices in a schematic which aren't relay contacts are usually parent devices.

So for example a Relay's Coil would have as its block identifier HCR1 where H means horizontal orientation in the drawing, CR is a Control Relay and 1 means it is the Parent Coil, while the relay's Normally Open contact would have as its identifier HCR21 where H means horizontal orientation in the drawing, CR is a Control Relay, 2 means it is a child of the Relay's Coil and 1 means it is a Normally Open contact.

Hope that clears things up a bit for you.

Robert Smeallie
    Electrical Design Engineer