I had an idea that I might use the journal files that revit creates constructively. I trained a new user by them sitting beside me and watching what I do first. Then sent them off on there own to either replicate what I did on try it on something new. Well in the interest of not wasting any time they chose to try new. Now since I'm not looking over their shoulder, I can't tell them better ways to do things, cause I don't know what their doing and their not asking any questions and curiousity gets the best of them and refusal to submit to not knowing something or being able to figure it out gets them a lot of wasted time and frustration. So I thought I could use the journal file to kind of watch their workflow and hopefully find inefficiencies and mistakes. It was working great I got a quick list of things to tell the user what they could do differently until I got the dreaded interactive mode about half way through the journal... bummer. So now I have two questions as of a result of this excersize.

Is there a limit to journal file playback? This is the second one that stopped on me in as many attempts about half way through a 6.5 MB journal.

And is there any way to pause a journal? This would be great if I could do this while the new user is watching and try to explain things in another Revit session to them on a better way or what they did wrong.

Actually 3 questions... what's with all the extra copies of revit files that are stored in the journal directory? do/can they serve a purpose to use or is it strictly usefull to Autodesk? Well that was 4... I'm done now.