Thread: Multileader w/ user block

Login to Give a bone

Default Multileader w/ user block

When I try to create a multileader style with a user block, I can select the block I want to use, but it doesn't seem to recognize it. In the preview as well as any multileaders that I create it just shows an empty square. If I go back later and try to edit the multileader style it shows "detail callout" as the block. It's like it never accepted that block in the first place. I've tried with many different blocks, always with the same results. I made sure that the blocks I'm choosing are not annotative, also. If I edit a multileader individually after it's drawn, I can put in the user block I want, and it shows up fine. Does anyone know what's going on?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Multileader w/ user block

Another question. Once I've created a multileader with the big empty square, I can change the block in the properties manager. It looks perfect in model space. However, when I go to a layout tab, the linework in the block shows up as a different color. What could cause the linework to be different colors between model space and paper space? I checked the page setup manager, and the plot style is the same for both tabs.

Login to Give a bone

Why don't you post a drawing with the MLeader for us to look at?
    R. Robert Bell
    Design Technology Manager
    Stantec
    Opinions expressed are mine alone and do not reflect the views of Stantec.

Login to Give a bone

Sorry, I can't post the drawing, it belongs to the company.

Certifiable AUGI Addict ccowgill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by h.jobe View Post
    are you experiencing this in all drawings, or can you create a blank drawing that exhibits this behavior. I have several user defined blocks that are attached to different mulitleader styles, and have not experienced any issues you are describing. The color issue may be due to something being by layer on the layer 0, but when it is part of the multileader, it is on whatever layer the multileader is on, and therefore what ever color that layer is. Another possible reason for the color is maybe there is a viewport override for that layer (the background of the layer in the layer properties would be a differnt color that those layers around it)

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by ccowgill View Post
    are you experiencing this in all drawings, or can you create a blank drawing that exhibits this behavior. I have several user defined blocks that are attached to different mulitleader styles, and have not experienced any issues you are describing. The color issue may be due to something being by layer on the layer 0, but when it is part of the multileader, it is on whatever layer the multileader is on, and therefore what ever color that layer is. Another possible reason for the color is maybe there is a viewport override for that layer (the background of the layer in the layer properties would be a differnt color that those layers around it)
    I have the same problem, and it exists in a new, blank file as well.

using a user block, (circle w/attribute for callout), the circle on layer 0, but with a color of 3 (green). the attribute on layer 0, color bylayer.

place the multi-leader in model space, looks fine.

switch to layout, create viewport, leader looks fine.

change layer color in viewport (via viewport override).. both attribute, leader, and circle take on new color. (it should only affect the attribute and leader.

remove the override, it returns to circle being different color.

However, if ANY viewport overrides are set, for any layer (even with the layer of the callout left un-touched), the multi leader (circle, attribute, and leader) will take on the color of the layer (ignoring the 'hard' coded color for the circle. if you remove "all overrides, for all layers" for the viewport.. it goes back to matching what it looks like in modelspace.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by h.jobe View Post
    A copy of the drawing, purged of everything except the MLeader cannot possibly be construed as "belonging to the company".
    R. Robert Bell
    Design Technology Manager
    Stantec
    Opinions expressed are mine alone and do not reflect the views of Stantec.