Thread: vbscript

Login to Give a bone

Default vbscript

where do i go to know more about VBScript and were can i find some tools to work with. i am at a point in autocad mep were it is need to created customized schedules.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: vbscript

I am not aware of any AMEP-specific sources of VBScript knowledge. But the following ADT/ACA and/or general sources may get you started:

Scott Arvin's Property Data Enhancements (2004 release)

ATP121 ADT Formula Properties Course Materials. This course was offered in June, 2006, and is available in the AUGI Training Program archives.

Microsoft Developer Network website section on VBScript

amazon.com also offers several titles that cover VBScript. These will not be specific to its use in AMEP formula properties, but most have a significant section listing and explaining the various functions and statements that are available. If you prefer hard copy to on-line reading, you may want to pick up a reference book.

Login to Give a bone

thanks i will take a look at it. Are you familiar with mep piping and scheduling, if yes is there anyway that i can make pipe and fitting properties show in one table were the properties are associated when both are selected.im trying to create a more significant intelligent schedule that will identify what is connect to the pipe by name which will be a fitting so i can use it in row automatically see drawing.

Login to Give a bone

Sorry, I am an architect using ACA. I am not familiar with the specifics of AMEP. If you are trying to schedule two items (pipe and a fitting) on one line in the schedule, there may be difficulties, unless you can add properties to one of the objects (say, the pipe) that can read in the property values of the other object (say, the fitting). I do not know and do not have a way to determine if an Anchor property could be used to do this, as I do not know the relationship between pipe and fittings or whether the Anchor property would work in that situation, even if there is an anchor relationship. A formula property might be able to read the property data, if you have a way to identify the appropriate fitting for a given pipe. I have no idea whether that could be done, or if it would be worth the effort.