Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maxwell Render seeking programmer for Revit Plugin

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Maxwell Render seeking programmer for Revit Plugin

Below is an email response I just got from Next limit regarding a Maxwell Plugin:

Hello Jerry,
    We agree that Autodesk Revit is a very interesting platform, and we are interested in develop a Maxwell pluing for it.
    We've been trying to find an experienced and reliable programmer in the past that could handle the Revit sdk and could work with us in the development of this plugin. Unfortunately we didn't find any experienced programmer with Revit sdk skills.
    If you find any contact in the Revit community that would want to join our plugin developers team we will be interested in contacting him.

We are glad for your interest in Maxwell.
    And please do not hesitate in contact us if you have any other queries.

Best regards

--

Darío Lanza

Next Limit Technologies
    C/Angel Cavero 2 bajo A
    28043 Madrid , SPAIN
    URL: www.nextlimit.com

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Maxwell Render seeking programmer for Revit Plugin

AWESOME!!

Wish I had the skills necessary....

I can't wait for Maxwell 2.0.

I could stop if I wanted to brethomp's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

A Maxwell plug-in for Revit would be great.

Login to Give a bone

Man, I have been wanting this since I bought Maxwell when it was still in beta! Someone please!

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Well,
    this is interesting.
    Now there must be a tight band, of pretty able dudes here up for something like this ?
    The API forums people surely are able to work with these matters ?
    With all the hype, about the API, from a number of people, some of them have to be skilled enough or have enough knowledge, to help with this task....... ? ? ?

Now if we can also get Chaos and/or Fyrender interested.......we will be styling.

trombe

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs down Re: Maxwell Render seeking programmer for Revit Plugin

I am a Maxwell user too but I don't find Revit -> Maxwell very interesting because Revit has ugly 3d models... For example... What good is to use the best renderer when you can't have onyx trees or xfrog or obj export from these apps? How can you have nice results for interiors when you can't use evermotion (max,obj,3ds,...) ?
    Revit to Maxwell will be simply an exporter RVT -> MXS and nothing more...
    Import / export are not NL's responsibility so there will be no improvement... With Maxwell 1.7 studio (MXST) it is very difficult to add to the model later...
    I go from Revit to Max to Maxwell... This will be the only solution I think...

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Oh come ON dpasa !

mate, are you never happy ?
    There is not a perfect modeler anywhere and if there was you, would want to be using it.
    You're not.
    There ain't.
    I hear and see Rhino this and Rhino that, Sketch Up this and From Z that, Generative Components, Microstation and CATIA / DELMIA for the wealthy and whacky...mate, if you want one of these for your MAD China type projects as seen in Arch Daily, go for it.
    Revit is not perfect by a long way, but its still an awesome product.

Although I moan about some of things in Revit yet to be fixed , I accept that Revit, is in development and is nowhere near an adult, let alone a mature product as yet.
    I expect that in the next 2 versions of Revit after 2010, we will see some major progress in a number of areas although rendering by mental ray, might not be one of those unfortunately. (hope AD prove me wrong).

What is interesting to me to be blunt, is that when Next Limit (importantly as a good example) show interest in Revit in terms of making a plug-in, you have to consider the chances of other major players making a similar move.
    The sheer numbers of (registered) Revit seats now has to be considered an important market critical mass even though, large, nay huge numbers of those will not be users who will do the rendering for projects. there is still, an increasing mass and thus, more people as a market force of potential buyers.

Having Max to work with in connection with Revit, should make one pretty happy.
    Able to place dust on the shelf, a blood stain on the path or an injection moulded end cap on a food processor should alleviate concerns about detail modeling !
    What is to moan about !
    Lets celebrate the possibility that Next Limit might actually support Revit !

best
    trombe

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by trombe View Post
    Oh come ON dpasa !

mate, are you never happy ?

Of course a Revit plugin is good news but
    1. I don't care because Adesk already convinced me to buy Max since I had to wait years for good rendering and good 3d content in Revit
    2. Revit can't handle millions of 3d collections available to almost every other user of 3d apps (3ds,obj,3dm formats)
    3. Revit has no modeling tools to create or handle models... like furniture, plants, people, cars etc... other than RPC... RPCs don't work with Maxwell or any other similar renderer.

So, I think I just tell you the truth...

I am not sure that Adesk will show any interest for other companies that want to develop a plugin for Revit... They try (for years) to make a set of applications for everything so the answer will be... "Buy Max, it can do what you need....Export to Civil3d and buy it..."
    Btw, even 3dsout, a small app for AutoCAD doesn't work with Acad2010.

Login to Give a bone

Well... Maxwell already has a plug-in for ArchiCAD for years... So this is realy great news..
    Don't get me wrong, this is great, but only for revit users.. Users who also have max will export to max and render from there...

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Wink Re: Maxwell Render seeking programmer for Revit Plugin

Quote Originally Posted by dpasa View Post

Of course a Revit plugin is good news but
    1. I don't care because Adesk already convinced me to buy Max since I had to wait years for good rendering and good 3d content in Revit
    2. Revit can't handle millions of 3d collections available to almost every other user of 3d apps (3ds,obj,3dm formats)
    3. Revit has no modeling tools to create or handle models... like furniture, plants, people, cars etc... other than RPC... RPCs don't work with Maxwell or any other similar renderer.

So, I think I just tell you the truth...

I am not sure that Adesk will show any interest for other companies that want to develop a plugin for Revit... They try (for years) to make a set of applications for everything so the answer will be... "Buy Max, it can do what you need....Export to Civil3d and buy it..."
    Btw, even 3dsout, a small app for AutoCAD doesn't work with Acad2010.
    Yeah,OK dpasa,
    AD will not be inclined to assist plug-in ventures with better export (or anything at all !!) where it represents a conflict to any AD product (like rendering for example), and yes agreed, we are being stiffed right left and centre with export capability (although, isn;t a VRay plug-in available for the Ad owned SoftImage XSi ? ?) and I am sure this will be no different in terms of making an easy path for Maxwell or anything else (maybe this is why Chaos are not interested ?)
    But Nxt have done it and Artlantis have done it so why not Next Limit or Fryrender ?

trombe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast