Thread: Annotative Blocks lose annotative properties

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Annotative Blocks lose annotative properties

Is anyone expierencing annotative blocks losing there annotative features when they are exported and reimported back into a dwg? Using C3d 2009.. thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Annotative Blocks lose annotative properties

You mean in an "Export to 2007"? I haven't paid much attention, but that wouldn't surprise me, since Annotative objects did not exist in 2007 (they were added in 200.

Login to Give a bone

Yes, what I am trying to do is build a list of block symbols of explorations used for Geotechnical/Environmental work. I currently have a library of symbols and I am looking to convert them to Annotative. But when you export them out after making them annotative they lose their properties when you insert them. ITS a Bummer. Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Export or WBLOCK? Of course if you export them you will lose the annotative properties, but if you use the WBLOCK command, everything should stay annotative. Your best practice is to create the object, run the block command, assign the annotative property in the block command dialog, then wblock out.

Let me know if it works,

Login to Give a bone

Wink Re: Annotative Blocks lose annotative properties

Export is for sending C3D drawings to another user who does not have C3D. It dummies down the objects.
    Remember that anyone using a pre 2008 version of AutoCAD will not be able to use your annotative blocks. Look into SAVEFIDELITY in your help files for more info. Make sure that is turned on in your options.
    If merely saving down to another version, use SAVEAS and select the 2007 drawing version. That should not affect your annotative property. As long as you are not using 2010 you should need to be converting versions at all.
    You can use Design Center to organize and transfer blocks to other drawings. It's great for working with block collections. You can preview all your blocks and insert them.
    Also you can create a tool palette directly from your drawing file using Design Center. Tool palettes can be exchanged and shared with other users. It's a great way to organize block libraries like you are creating.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks, about the WBLOCK, I was not checking off the annotative box. But I also use a third party tool call "TOOLPAC" ver11.0. It's a great tool from DOTSOFT and it helps with a lot of bottle neck issues. So when i was saying export i was referencing Toolpacs block export command. Thanks for all your input.