I have to begin this post by thanking Andre Carvalho for his replies about linking/binding/ungrouping. You sir, have no idea what your comment has done for my entire week. If for only a moment, you have just elevated me above the resident "Revit Guru" in my region by showing me that I can perform a task whose results were previously deemed "not possible in Revit".

My case was not exactly the same as the original poster, but very parallel. Due to PM's and other "higher ups" not being well educated in the BIM arena, there were many decisions not clarified in beginning that needed to be made, as well as many design concepts not "nailed down". So to make a long story short - 3 weeks into developing the more promising design (a complicated, sprawling, multiple civil grades, and multiple floor model)... the PM hands down the proclamation that this project must now be entirely in Metric. And we must use the client-supplied METRIC template. (of course no one ever told the production team that either of these conditions ever existed - it was Imperial all the way, and use our present "standard template") All arguments for work-arounds, like to keep it Imperial and just use Metric dimensioning, were all shot down.

So I was faced with finding as many shortcuts as possible, but basically no matter what was able to be transferred over from one project to another template, I was undoubtedly going to have to redraw... a lot. Mind you I had our "Revit Guru" confirming these fears. So I hit the forums in a last ditch effort and stumbled across this thread. And I thank you all for enlightening me onto a function that I would never have thought to use for this purpose. Everything converted from Imperial to Metric, and since I had already set up the new template with the same levels but at metric conversions, everything is proportioned and sized correctly. I'll gladly redo the room tags over what I would have had to do otherwise!

Thanks again!
Joe