Thread: Dissapering Cursor!!

Login to Give a bone

Default Dissapering Cursor!!

We recently upgraded to ACA 2010 and some of our designers are have an issue with there cursors dissapering in veiwports. I would put up a drawing but it seems to be very random. Sometimes the cursor is in the viewport and then the next time you open the drawing it is missing. Has anyone else been haveing this problem? If so do you know the fix?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Dissapering Cursor!!

Do they have the Model tab set to a black background with a white cursor and Layout tabs set to a white background. I have read elsewhere reports that in 2010, that combination resulted in "no" cursor (visible) in model space on a Layout tab. My guess is that a glitch has the cursor using the Model tab color in model space of Layouts, and you can not see white-on-white.

Try changing the color of the cursor for the Model tab to a color that can be seen against both black and white (until they issue a hotfix/update).

Login to Give a bone

No the color is correct. White Background, Black Cursor. Its got to be some sort of glitch because you can have two viewports in the same layout tab and one will show the cursor and the other will not. But I have found that if you "Maximize Viewport" then "Minimize Viewport" for some reason it refreshes the cursor to show up in the viewport. Its a work around but still very annoying.

Login to Give a bone

Odd, others are reporting that maximizing a viewport causes this problem. I have not run 2010 with the model space background set to anything other than the parchment yellow default color or white, with white layout background, so I have not seen this issue myself.

Login to Give a bone

This may be a shot in the dark but...
    I have had a similar problem in ACA 2009. It seems to be associated with the current UCS of the drawing. Try going into modelspace and set the UCS to World, then do the same in paperspace and in the problem viewport. Thats what worked for me.