Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Annotative text basepoint issues...

Certifiable AUGI Addict ccowgill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Annotative text basepoint issues...

Quote Originally Posted by randyspear View Post
    How do you guys handle attributed blocks? Currently, every time i move them i have to re-sync them for every scale.
    I havent used an annotative block that has attributes, yet ...

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Annotative text basepoint issues...

Tried it on Vanilla 2008. If I use the MOVE command there's no problem. If however I move using grip edit, only the current scale gets moved. This is as expected and documented ... so you can change the position of each scale separately. To get round this, you need to Synchronize the scales (i.e. ANNORESET) ... or of course just use the normal MOVE command instead. Are you sure you mean MOVE when you say MOVE? Using a grip edit is actually a STRETCH ... check the command line history.

What I have found is that DText works weirdly in 2008. Using ANNORESET after a grip edit, does not alight the scales to the stated MIDDLE alignment. They all get aligned to each other on the left-bottom point (while still having a MIDDLE grip point). Then to get them to work, I ussue a MOVE;ALL;0,0;@0,0;

With the MTexts there's another issue: If you already have several scales to one MText, and later deside you want to change from Middle-Centre to Top-Centre - doing so only changes the current scale (even after issuing a ANNORESET).

As for annot blocks .... never, ever, ever mirror these. You can end up with the current scale in the correct place, but the other scales sitting somewhere off the drawing. Don't know if this is fixed in 2009/10.

As for any annoscaled object ... it will work the way you describe if you grip-edit it. That's how this new feature was designed. If you don't want it to work that way, use the move command instead.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12