Thread: Title 24 from Revit

Login to Give a bone

Default Title 24 from Revit

How close are we to getting a software that will extract Title 24 info from a Revit model?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Title 24 from Revit

If I'm not mistaken, Title 24 is the California Building Code correct? If so, you can already extract some of the information from Revit. We use IBC 2006, and I think Title 24 is a modified UBC or something similar, but concepts should be similar I believe. On the most basic level, you can schedule rooms and get the occupancy of the space. It's easy then to have it tell you if you need 2 exits, or how wide of an egress door you need. Required plumbing fixture calculations should be doable. You can build your families with some clearance checking ability and use the interference checker to verify that ADA and code required clearances are met in a lot of cases.

I have also heard of some systems out there that will take a building model and do a code check, but I have never used one or looked into it very much. Revit will currently help code studies along without a doubt, but it's not a single click check by any means at this point. Hope that helps some...

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the input. That seems to be the case. The softwares make users input the data into Title 24 reports by hand....so unRevit. I guess extracting some data from the model (Rooms specifically) and entering into EnergyPro type software is the current method.......

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by bill0246 View Post
    Thanks for the input. That seems to be the case. The softwares make users input the data into Title 24 reports by hand....so unRevit. I guess extracting some data from the model (Rooms specifically) and entering into EnergyPro type software is the current method.......
    EnergyPro Version 5 has added the ability to use gbXML to import the building geometry from Revit into EnergyPro. You may want to look into it...

Login to Give a bone

Thanks Nick,

I just got the software....just need to learn how to use it. Maybe I will see it at a SCRUG meeting? I am told SCE also has training......

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by bill0246 View Post
    Thanks Nick,

I just got the software....just need to learn how to use it. Maybe I will see it at a SCRUG meeting? I am told SCE also has training......
    I doubt that you will ever see it at a scrug meeting as it is primarily a mechanical or electrical responsibility. SCE does do some training, and I have mixed feelings about it. For the most part it doesn't cover enough, especially all of the little tricks to model something correctly.

But i wish you luck.... We use Energy Pro for every project and still ahve not figured out all of the tricks to make it work consistently.