Thread: Parametric Design... How far can I go??

Login to Give a bone

Default Parametric Design... How far can I go??

Gday,
    ACADE is all about Parametric design... relating components in different views to each other. This works on the concept of using the same component tage in a schematic design, and a physical panel layout. But what about the other forms of design??

Things like single line diagrams, they will show VSDs etc, as well as motors... which then go into a schematic, which will show the same information, and then they will go into a Termination diagram, which will show the connection information. From there a Panel layout will show the VSD, but not the motor. So, we would then have the same piece of equipment shown on 4 different drawings, and have a different symbol for each.

ACADE has provision for the Schematic and Panel layout, but what about the single line diagram and the termination diagram?? Is there a way I can get ACADE to recognise the difference between these??

Cheers, Owen

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Parametric Design... How far can I go??

Quote Originally Posted by OMyhill
    ACADE has provision for the Schematic and Panel layout, but what about the single line diagram and the termination diagram?? Is there a way I can get ACADE to recognise the difference between these??
    Not as far as I can find, Owen. This seems to be one area where ACADe drops the ball.

Just curious, where are you located? When I asked this question quite some time ago I got very little repsonse. I was beginning to wonder if it was only us Aussies that use Single Line Diagrams.

Login to Give a bone

Cool Re: Parametric Design... How far can I go??

Not sure why there are so few replies, but our company uses single line diagrams and they are an essential part of the dwg set.

We've just upgraded to ACADE2010 from ACADELT and there's a fair learning curve to negotiate.

So I'll be watching this thread with interest.