See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Creating Schedules in AutoCad

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Creating Schedules in AutoCad

IRNEB -- Not sure if this is exactly what your talking about either, but found this today at the AU website:
    http://au.autodesk.com/?nd=class&session_id=3054

Its an online class with handouts discussing the use of the New AutoCAD® Data Extraction API with VB.NET in 2009.

Perhaps there is something there of interest for you; as for me its way outside my comfort zone!! Cheers mate.

All AUGI, all the time SRBalliet's Avatar
    Near Christiansburg, VA Looking for a closer job!
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by daniel.191403 View Post
    I suppose then its quite fair to say, "you like to read!!" Hope you enjoyed our little tug of war.
    No way did I read all that, just scrolled through it!

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Using AutoCAD 2008

I want to learn how to associate and lock entire rows within table styles to a sort column from a data extraction table that links dynamic blocks with lookup values to schedules. i.e. - dynamic door blocks with lookup values for door number, door type, door width, and door height are linked to a table stayle for Door Schedule. The table style also includes columns for other static information like location, door material, frame material, door rating, hardware set, detail reference, etc. When I change the door number (the sorted lookup value) the static data does not update to follow the door number. i.e. the door moves in the schedule to the new number position (along with the lookup values) but the static data values for location, door material, door rating, detail reference, etc do not follow along. Does anyone know how to fix rows so that the table style static cells will follow the data extraction dynamic cells?

Please ask questions if this is unclear
    Thanks

also, how do I post a new question in this thread?

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

I am trying to include the area of a window in the schedule or create a whole new schedule just for window area. I'm trying to do this in Architecture 2019. I've tried using a column with a formula but it won't recognize the function ie. [WindowObjects:Width] * [WindowObjects:Height]

It just gives me a value of 2 (window is 2'-0" x 5'-3"). This would make calculating the opening to wall area ratio much easier and accurate.

Hope someone out there can help.

Cheers.

Login to Give a bone

Can you post a sample file? If you have columns in your Schedule Table for the Window's Width and Height, it should be able to calculate the area of the Window. Most likely, the issue is the Property Data Format assigned to the properties you are referencing. In a formula, the default is to use the Property Data Format assigned to the property. Given your example data, it appears you are using imperial units, and some form of architectural formatting (feet, inches, fractional inches). VBScript (which is how formulas are interpreted) will see that formatting and assume that the values are Text. It will not be able to do math with Text.

In the Formula Column editing window, there is an Enter Sample Values area on the right side, just below the Sample Result area. You can override the formatting on the properties. Choose something without any text added, like Standard. Note, however, that the numeric values will be in inches (assuming your drawing unit is inches, which it should be for Architectural formatting). For your example values, the area will show as 1512, which is the area in square inches. To get square feet, if that is what you want, add a division operator, followed by 144 (one square foot is 144 square inches). That will change the result to 10.5. If you want the result to have " SF" as a suffix, apply a Property Data Format to the column that does so, such as Area.

If I were doing this, I would not use a Formula Column; I would add a Formula Property to a Property Set Definition that is applied to my Windows, and do the area calculation there, then include that Property in your Schedule Table Style. But if you would prefer not to customize the Property Set Definition, a Formula Column should work just as well.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456