Thread: Renumbering Table Tags

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Renumbering Table Tags

Anyone have a quick way to renumber tags? I don't see any CAD functionality for it. Maybe a lisp routine or something?

I have an 87 curve table that I need to add two curves into. Since it's for my first page I don't want it to have curves 1-6, and then 88 and 89. The only way I know how to renumber tags is to renumber all the tags to a "bad" number, insert the new curve tags to the correct number, then manually renumber everything again. I'd prefer to avoid that if I can. I am usually pretty attentive in my tag numbering since I deal with so many on a regular basis, but every now and then I slip up and miss a curve or line and then I'm stuck with the consequences.

Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Renumbering Table Tags

Unless I am missing something, you won't be able to use AutoLISP to handle this task. However, I haven't studied this long enough to completely rule it out.

Add this to an expanding list of things Civil 3D hides from AutoLISP.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Hi
    there is a command to renumber the tag in the context sensitive ribbon. But first you might what to pull the line curve label dialog box at the bottom is a dialog box to set new tag label number

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Opie View Post
    Unless I am missing something, you won't be able to use AutoLISP to handle this task. However, I haven't studied this long enough to completely rule it out.

Add this to an expanding list of things Civil 3D hides from AutoLISP.
    Well that's a bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by remi678731 View Post
    Hi
    there is a command to renumber the tag in the context sensitive ribbon. But first you might what to pull the line curve label dialog box at the bottom is a dialog box to set new tag label number
    I'm aware of this functionality, it's what I currently do. To reiterate...it's just clunky. If you have 100 tags, you realize you missed one, and it should have been tag 4 you now have to renumber 5-100 first, then go back and add the tag in as 4, then renumber the tags again to get everything to look right. The earlier you made a mistake in the numbering, the more annoying it is to fix it. Hell, it'd be nice if we could do reverse numbering, then I could just set it to 101 and go backwards. And don't even get me started on ghost tags...

Ultimately part of the reason I made this thread was just to see if anyone challenged me on my workflow. So far no dice.

Login to Give a bone

Can't challenge you on your workflow when it is the only one readily available.

Great. That sounds like a meme.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Opie View Post
    Can't challenge you on your workflow when it is the only one readily available.
    >Lays down
    >Tries not to cry
    >Cries a lot