See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Automated Drawing Register/Issue Sheet in Revit?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Automated Drawing Register/Issue Sheet in Revit?

Has anyone automated registers in Revit. I thought that Revit would already be set up for this but the Drawing List schedule lacks parameters. Is this something you guys do or is it much simpler to keep an external document?

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Automated Drawing Register/Issue Sheet in Revit?

Quote Originally Posted by barrie.sharp View Post
    Has anyone automated registers in Revit. I thought that Revit would already be set up for this but the Drawing List schedule lacks parameters. Is this something you guys do or is it much simpler to keep an external document?
    I use it religiously, even for consultant's drawings done in AutoCAD. Yes I typically make some custom parameters, at the project (and default template) levels. These allow me to sort the sheets in a manner to get around the straight alphabetical sorting Revit does by default. I do have to educate my Revit based consultants on the use, and need of filling out these parameters, as well as stay on them to continue to do it.

As for consultants in AutoCAD, I have a separate Revit file with nothing but blank sheets in it. The look of those blank titleblocks don't matter, just the parameter information. When we get an update, I go through their list of drawings, and update/ create any additional blank sheets. Next time I open the main project, all sheet data is updated on my cover sheet.

Login to Give a bone

I assume you link the blank into your main project to schedue the DWG's. Brilliant!

I don't suppose there's a tutorial or suggestions about how to go about it the issue sheet? I can't think how to enter the revision of each sheet for each issue date. I'm staring at a blank canvas and I haven't got to grips with custom parameters . I don't suppose you know what the count field is for in the Drawing List Schedule? Surely you can only have one of each sheet.

Thanks for being on the ball with my questions

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

In the Project, I create two additional Instance Parameters. Sheet Discipline (Text), and Sheet Sort Order (Integer), and apply them to Drawing Sheets. Then the Drawing Index schedule is set to sort on Sheet Sort Order, then by Sheet Discipline. The Sheet Discipline provides the Headings in the Schedule like Cover Sheet, ARCHITECTURAL, STRUCTURAL, etc. The Sheet Sort Order provides the ability to get COVER SHEET or GENERAL and CIVIL to appear in the list prior to ARCHITECTURAL disciplines.

Yes the Consultants Sheets Revit File is Linked in, and the Drawing List set to include sheets from Links.

A Side Benefit is that the Browser can have the sheets in your file sorted in Order that they would appear in the Set. Now if we could only get the Print Order to follow this sorting....

Login to Give a bone

Are you looking for something like the schedule image below..?

These columns were done with custom parameters that link back to the Tblock.
    The "X" placed in each column can also be text...
    Attached Images Attached Images

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Houle View Post
    These columns were done with custom parameters that link back to the Tblock.
    The "X" placed in each column can also be text...

I am assuming these are "manual" shared parameters in each sheet/titleblock? These are nor actually ties to the Revit Revision history are they?

Login to Give a bone

Appreciate the thoughts. Works for issuing a list showing the most current set. I was hoping to show the revision history something like ricks example. I have uploaded a copy of what we have used in the past. Do I need to show previous issue sets or should I just keep it simple and show the current set?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Rick - That is what I am looking to do with our titleblock, and I currently have it set up to appear the way I want it, but I need that information to transfer back to the titleblock, so that if I put an 'x' in the SD column, then Schematic Design and issue date show up in my titleblock, similar to the way that revisions work.

Do you know if there is a way to do this?

Login to Give a bone

Along the same lines, is there any way to have the revision show up in the drawing index?

From SD thru CD-check set we have used parameters to show what sheets have been issued for which issuance. Now that we are going to bid, we are taking all the previous issue parameters off and using the revision by sheet feature...

I'd like to put a tick or bullet next to each sheet that is being issued for bid and then Addendum 1..2...3 etc...

Can I use the revision number to do that? I can't seem to find the revision number in the parameter sets to add to the drawing index...

Thanks

Tim

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

In 2009 you could not. In Revit 2010 you can.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast