Thread: Am I allowed to use RST2009&RST2010 on the same machine

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Am I allowed to use RST2009&RST2010 on the same machine

Hi,
    I have an interesting situation that I am working with 2 different architects on 2 different jobs and one is using Ravit2009 and the other Revit2010. Am I allowed to have both RST2009 and RST2010 installed on the same machine if I only use one version at the time?

Thanks
    Jonas

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Am I allowed to use RST2009&RST2010 on the same machine

You're allowed to use both at the same time, but according to the License Agreement you have to remove the older version 120 days after installing the new one.
    2.3 Upgrades. If Autodesk labels the Software in the User Documentation as an upgrade or update (“New Version”) to software previously licensed to You (“Previous Version”), the license grant with respect to the Previous Version terminates one hundred twenty (120) days after Installation of the New Version. Within such one hundred twenty (120) day period of Installing the New Version: (i) You must cease all use of the Previous Version and Uninstall all copies of the Previous Version; and (ii) destroy all Autodesk Materials relating to the Previous Version or, upon request by Autodesk, return all such Autodesk Materials relating to the Previous Version to Autodesk or the company from which they were acquired. Autodesk reserves the right to require You to show satisfactory proof that all copies of the Previous Version have been Uninstalled and all Autodesk Materials relating to the Previous Version have been destroyed or returned. If You have purchased Autodesk Subscription, You may have additional rights under the Autodesk Subscription Agreement and the obligations in this Section may not apply to You during the term of the Autodesk Subscription Agreement.
    But... if you are on Subscription is gets better, in that if I understand it correctly, the above 120 day clause doesn't affect you. Happy to be corrected on this if I am wrong. http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...12&id=11938152
    Exclusive License Terms
    Get flexible, hassle-free license terms, such as previous version use and home use of your Autodesk software:

Only subscription members are entitled to use previous versions of Autodesk software concurrently with the upgrades, in order to access new functionality in the newest releases.

Flexible license terms allow you and your team members to keep working seamlessly on all projects.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks Mate,
    Yep we are on Subscription.

Cheers,
    J

Login to Give a bone

If you have a current subscription you may simultaneously install and run the current version and up to the three immediately prior releases. ie You may run 2010, as well as 2009, 2008 and 2007, on the same machine at the same time (only the three prior releases, not 8.1, 9, 2009 and 2010, for example). An additional caveat is you must have had the prior release(s) on subscription to be able to run it(them), ie if you start subscription at 2008, you may only run 2008, 2009 and 2010. However, as soon as 2011 rocks up you can run 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.

DW

Login to Give a bone

Just to add to what has already been highlighted, You cannot license the older version (say 2009) if you have already installed the newer version (2010)

If you do Autodesk somehow blocks you from doing anything with the license for the older version

I have been caught out a number of times with new machines being setup with the new version and then trying to install the old version afterwards to do work on an ongoing older proejct, the only option there is a registary hack or full machine rebuild

I am now making sure I install the previous version first, transfer license from the old machine if relevant and then installing the new version

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

All you need for previous versions is to request the licence from Subscription wedsite.

As said before you can run the previous 3 versions when on subscription.

No hacks required and certainly invalidates that copy of software on your computer. Running a previous version is fine running a hacked version no matter how many copies you own does violate the EULA.

Login to Give a bone

"You cannot license the older version (say 2009) if you have already installed the newer version (2010)"

Sorry, but that is 100% wrong. Just request the prior activation through your dealer or via the Subscription site.

DW