Thread: Digital Seal - embedded in model

Login to Give a bone

Default Digital Seal - embedded in model

I am wondering how firms that are doing their architectural model and drawings in revit are handling their seal.

It is preferred to not wet seal the projects that allow us to use the digital seal. Typically in an autocad environment we would simply xref the seal into the titleblock xref and remove it before the drawings were ever sent out electronically.

With the revit it seems like to do the same we would have to link in the seal but then have to place it in every titleblock initially as the project sheets were created.

Has anyone simply embedded the seal without the signature of course directly into their revit titleblock family with the option to turn it on or off.

My thinking behind this method is any can simply recreate someone's seal off a hard caopy anyways, so why not make the seal process a bit easier.

How are people handling the seal in Revit projects and why did you hoose that method?

THANKS!!!

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Digital Seal - embedded in model

We have imported digital seals, signatures, and "not for construction" disclaimers directly into the titleblock families. Each is controlled by a visibility parameter that we can toggle on/off in the project.

Before we send our .rvt file to consultants or anyone else, all sheet views are deleted and the titleblock family purged from the file.

We have a duplicate titleblock that we send to consultants, which does not contain seals, signatures, or disclaimers.

We do all this to save time and effort, mainly.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

We have corporate seals and Not For Const. disclaimers in our Tblocks...

Then, when it is time to plot out a set for signature, we simply open the Tblock family, drop the appropriate seal in place, and print. (The swappable Tblock is a good idea also)...

Sure someone can hack your seal from print or scan, but we certainly dont want to hand it to them anyway..!

Login to Give a bone

Lately I have been assembling a PDF file of the entire signed & sealed set so that we can print copies as needed.

What I do is get the boss to stamp and sign a blank piece of paper. I scan it in, open it in Photoshop, crop it down, and note the image size. Then I open the titleblock, bring in the image and resize according to the original image size, and place it as needed. I load this titleblock into the project WITHOUT saving the titleblock family. Print to PDF.

After printing I will re-load the titleblock without the stamp, delete all instances of the stamp image, and shred the piece of paper.

This makes a digital copy of the stamped set that cannot be changed in any way, just like a real paper set.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Patricks,
    Another way to do it would be to print your pdf set without the seal and then create a digital signature for pdf that has your seal as the digital stamp image. When you digitally sign the pdf, you place the stamp and it will lock the drawing from ever being edited.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cporter.207875 View Post
    We have imported digital seals, signatures, and "not for construction" disclaimers directly into the titleblock families. Each is controlled by a visibility parameter that we can toggle on/off in the project.

Before we send our .rvt file to consultants or anyone else, all sheet views are deleted and the titleblock family purged from the file.

We have a duplicate titleblock that we send to consultants, which does not contain seals, signatures, or disclaimers.

We do all this to save time and effort, mainly.
    That's precisely wha twe do, too.
    Except I'd add "Theoretically, " to the beginning of the line about purging and sending files off. That's supposed to be the policy, anyway.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    That's precisely wha twe do, too.
    Except I'd add "Theoretically, " to the beginning of the line about purging and sending files off. That's supposed to be the policy, anyway.
    Right... "Theoretically."

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for all the ideas on handling this. This gives us a few ideas to think about.

Login to Give a bone

Can you digitally seal all the sheets in 1 pdf file?