See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flip Direction for Pipes?

Login to Give a bone

Default Flip Direction for Pipes?

I was wondering if there was any way to flip the direction of a pipe. I'm not talking about the flow direction, but rather the flip direction effect that could be done in LDT with lines.

It's annoying to have to pull the pipes off and manually change which end they go to just to get the linetype facing the right direction.

(Sorry if this has been asked before, I did a search and didn't see anything about this)

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Flip Direction for Pipes?

http://style.civil3dreminders.com/flippipe or http://au.autodesk.com/?nd=class&session_id=830 you'd have to change the references based on what version Civil 3D you are using. http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/200...eferences.html It doesn't work well for curved pipes, you'll have to drag the curve to the correct location.

Login to Give a bone

Awesome... exactly what I'm looking for. Now I have to find an hour to put aside to watch your video for more little tricks...

Login to Give a bone

Before you spend an hour watching it, here are the reviews from the class (attached).
    Attached Files Attached Files

All AUGI, all the time brian.hailey933139's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I don't get some of the comments AU attendees leave - "I don't use civil 3d did not help me at all", then why were you in a Civil 3D Power Track class?

I've been meaning to watch your session, and now I'm going to make sure I take the time to watch it. I don't think your technical skills are at all in question, probably just a combination of nerves and inexperience in speaking that got you the bad comments.

Login to Give a bone

Chris, I finally got around to testing your vba code and when I select a pipe, I get an error message telling me what I selected was not a pipe. I'm using C3D 2009...

EDIT: I can't get into the VBA to check the code because it's password protected.

Login to Give a bone

I removed the password protection, you should be able to change the references now.
    http://style.civil3dreminders.com/FlipPipe.dvb

Login to Give a bone

Chris, thanks for the unprotected file... I noticed references to excel in your declarations. Perhaps I am getting the error because it is not recognizing a reference to excel? Does it copy the pipe to an instance of excel, flip things around, then import them to C3D?

I have Civil 3D 2009, and Excel 2003 & 2007... when I run the macro, it prompts me to select a pipe. I select the pipe and it returns the coded error message: "You did not select a pipe."

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by mdemint View Post
    Chris, thanks for the unprotected file... I noticed references to excel in your declarations. Perhaps I am getting the error because it is not recognizing a reference to excel? Does it copy the pipe to an instance of excel, flip things around, then import them to C3D?

I have Civil 3D 2009, and Excel 2003 & 2007... when I run the macro, it prompts me to select a pipe. I select the pipe and it returns the coded error message: "You did not select a pipe."
    The Excel reference is because I started it with the sample that ships with the program, you should be able to remove it without it affecting the code. You do have to flip the pipe in plan view, it won't work on a pipe shown in a profile view.

Login to Give a bone

Chris, thanks again for your help and providing this vba code. For some reason the FlipPipe macro doesn't work for me. It runs, but doesn't recognize the pipes I select (in plan view). After looking at this code and some of your other macros, I'm wondering if it needs to reference "AeccPipeApplication.6.0" (in my case for C3D 2009). Perhaps the code doesn't identify the network and that's why it's not working for me? I dunno...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast