Thread: Smart Doors

Login to Give a bone

Default Smart Doors

Does anyone know if the display of a smart door can be modified to show the door size?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Smart Doors

Do you mean show the door size in the plan view? there is a door tag on AUGI somewhere that will do that for you. You have to tag the doors, though.

Login to Give a bone

I am not tagging the doors. Sometimes in (smaller) projects we will manually tag the doors with the size. This project has probably 1000 doors with about 25% being random sizes hence the need for sizes on the doors. I assume this is not possible since no one has responded.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

If you're starting to draw these doors (I'm assuming by "smart door" you mean a Dynamic Block), then you can show any one of the parameters (e.g. the Structural Opening Width) inside any type of text using a field link. It's a bit complex creating the field manually, but thereafter if you copy the door & the text together the new text is linked to the new door.

If you already have all (or most) of the doors drawn and want to add text linking to their parameters, this would be a job for LISP or something like that.

Login to Give a bone

I am using Autocad ADT. I thought there would be some option in the "edit object display" but I can't seem to find anything. And my doors are all already placed. What did you mean by using lisp?

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Oohhh! Didn't know you're on ADT. Maybe the guys over here could help better, most posts in this forum is about normal ACad (i.e. Vanilla without any additives)

There's probably an easy way with ADT, now caled ACA (AutoCAD Architecture)

Login to Give a bone

You need to tag the doors. If you have 1000 of them, you just tag the first one, then when you tag the second one hit M for multiple and do a crossing window to select the entire drawing. Everything will be filered out except the doors. It will ask if you want to retag the first one, just hit no. Now all your doors are tagged with the door size, assuming you use the door size tag that's on here somewhere. I'll try to find it.

Also, just FYI, this is the wrong forum. You want the ACA forums. This is just the vanilla cad forum. http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=379

Login to Give a bone

Here is the tag. There are several versions in this thread as it evolved. You can look at all the tags, read the thread, whatever. The tag is at the bottom of the last page.

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.ph...or+tags&page=3